Reef Discovery Bora Bora: Fantastic!

Mancora Girl

My husband and I were on the June 29 11-nt PG cruise, and took Christophe's Reef Discovery snorkeling tour on Bora Bora. It was one of the best we've done. We were met right at the pier, the boat was new, fast and comfortable, and it was a small-group tour (6-8 people), which we really loved. We went to four different sites, all excellent and one where we encountered huge manta rays, which were so beautiful. Christophe did an extremely professional job of helping one very uneasy lady (who ended up being very happy), while also paying attention to the more experienced snorkelers. Lunch is not included in the tour, but after our PG meals that was the last thing we were interested in. We thought it was a fantastic tour for people who want to see all they can of that amazing underwater world. I should add that e-mail communication before the trip was always fast and helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
No feeding of these big boys. We were just there to observe, and they were quite unaware of us as they glided about in their private world. Cost was $125 USD, payable in cash after the tour.

Hmmm--Patric's tour took us to the rays and we fed them....Looks like we'll be doing his again...

Patrick's tour visits sting rays (which he describes as "tamed") in shallow water. Christophe's tour goes to a deeper channel area where the huge manta rays hang out. Both options are great, just different. We had seen the sting rays before, so were fascinated to see the bigger "wilder" cousins this time.

• 2 months later...
Christophe has a wonderful reputation on Bora Bora as an 'on hands' type of guy, menaing he makes sure the newbies feel nice and safe and isn't afraid of hand holding. Will be with him in December :)

I have been trying to find an email address or web site that has one for Reef Discovery.

Can you help?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Archived