I give you guys CREDIT

I have been on cruise critic for a while and I 've always see this and never read any posts.

Personally, I think you guys are crazy for cruising to Antartica, as far as I'm concerned, if you can see your breath, ITS TOO DAMN COLD!"lol

I realize that you guys are probably not going during winter but still, it has to be cold.....

I hope you all love your cruise, and I hope you have calm seas.

Actually, it was much warmer than we expected most days. We went on the Fram for their Christmas Cruise two years ago. Yes, you needed a coat, but many times, you opened up the coat because you became hot. We had lots of days of sunshine. The only time it became uncomfortable was when the wind picked up. But, you are right, it is NOT a Caribbean climate. Try it, you might actually like it. ;)

Actually, it was much warmer than we expected most days. We went on the Fram for their Christmas Cruise two years ago. Yes, you needed a coat, but many times, you opened up the coat because you became hot. We had lots of days of sunshine. The only time it became uncomfortable was when the wind picked up.

I had quite a similar feeling aboard the Fram in February 2009, some of our landings in sunny weather were very warm! And we never felt awfully cold.

I think winter in NYC can actually be colder than summer in the Antarctic Peninsula! ;)

I have been on cruise critic for a while and I 've always see this and never read any posts.

Personally, I think you guys are crazy for cruising to Antartica, as far as I'm concerned, if you can see your breath, ITS TOO DAMN COLD!"lol

I realize that you guys are probably not going during winter but still, it has to be cold.....

I hope you all love your cruise, and I hope you have calm seas.

We were in AA in February 2010. Many days we just wore long sleeves on the boat. Nice and cool, (we live in Texas, so cool is always welcome). It is an absolute stunning place, we are going back next year. The calm seas, not so much, 50 ft waves on the crossing with hurricane winds, but we survived.

Rc

I only remember using the PolarCirkle boats for landings outside of Stanley. In Stanley, we docked the ship, but at other landing sites in the Falklands, we used the PolarCirkle boats. They were wonderful landing craft. I have used the total rubber rafts on other cruises, and the PolarCirkle boats were much nicer for entering and leaving the craft.

• 3 weeks later...

The Polar Cirkles are really stable and easy to get in and out of. In addition, there is always at least two of the Fram crew or expedition leaders helping at each end of the transfer. If it's a beach landing, as opposed to a jetty landing (West Falklands), a set of low metal steps is provided to avoid having to stand in too deep water.

If the transfer looks as though it might produce a few splashes, try to position yourself in the queue so that you are one of the last to board. It's generally a little drier there compared with being seated at the bow!

• 1 month later...

Archived