Disney Dream New Year's Questionssss ???

GrandCanyon2005

We just snagged a 5-Night Bahamian, Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah on Dec. 28 on the Disney Dream. Here are my questions:

1. Do we have to make reservations for all of our shows like we did on RCCL Oasis of the Seas?

2. This is normally a 3/4 night cruise, but we are on a 5-night (over New Year's). What nights are formal night ... or does that exist on Disney's Dream?

3. How fun will this be for two adults an two college kids? We're giving up 7 nights in the Kingdom for the ship, but will still attempt to get to Magic Kingdom to see the new Fantasyland ... at least for one day.

4. I've never not been able to choose my cabin ... we had to go with just a guaranteed 04A Deluxe Family OSwV. Will we have any issues? Are any of those cabins in poor locations, with poor view?

5. We just booked the cruise ... surprised we got it ... are we too late to book Palo's, and what other excursions are recommended to book early?

We just snagged a 5-Night Bahamian, Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah on Dec. 28 on the Disney Dream. Here are my questions:

1. Do we have to make reservations for all of our shows like we did on RCCL Oasis of the Seas? No, the shows are scheduled approximately the same time as dinner seatings. So, if you have early dinner seating you go to the late show; late dinner seating, you go to the early show. Just show up, no reservations.

2. This is normally a 3/4 night cruise, but we are on a 5-night (over New Year's). What nights are formal night ... or does that exist on Disney's Dream? AFAIK, the 5 night cruises have a semi-formal night (just one). Sorry, don't know specifically which one, but my best guess would be either the second night out or the second to last night.

3. How fun will this be for two adults an two college kids? We're giving up 7 nights in the Kingdom for the ship, but will still attempt to get to Magic Kingdom to see the new Fantasyland ... at least for one day. We took (just DH & I) 3 DCL cruises before we brought our kids (adult - 23, 22, & 18) along for two other cruises. We think it's lots of fun.

4. I've never not been able to choose my cabin ... we had to go with just a guaranteed 04A Deluxe Family OSwV. Will we have any issues? Are any of those cabins in poor locations, with poor view? Personally, I think any room on the DCL ship is good. But, we've only done the classic (Wonder & Magic) thus far, and on deck 2 (Oceanview room). Those have all been great.

5. We just booked the cruise ... surprised we got it ... are we too late to book Palo's, and what other excursions are recommended to book early? As as first time cruiser, your booking window opens at 75 days out. You must also be paid in full. You may or may not be able to book Palo and/or the specific excursions you want. You will be able to book something.

As to Palo, they hold back about half of the available reservations from the online booking system. I suggest, keep checking online right up until you depart for the cruise, sometimes people cancel. If you still haven't been able to book prior to boarding, go to where the Palo dining changes are being handled (I think it'at Palo) and make your reservation in person. Or they can put you on the wait list. I've read many times that people are able to get Palo reservations this way.

See my answers in red.

:)

If you could choose between the following, what would you do with 4 in a cabin?

5-Night, Deluxe Family w/Verandah (Dec 28, New Year's Cruise) - $8,629.00

4-Night, Concierge Suite (Jan 6) - $6,667.00

Is it worth $2,000 more for one more night, in a much smaller cabin ... just for New Year's ... a trip that I'm most certain will be packed!

If you could choose between the following, what would you do with 4 in a cabin?

5-Night, Deluxe Family w/Verandah (Dec 28, New Year's Cruise) - $8,629.00

4-Night, Concierge Suite (Jan 6) - $6,667.00

Is it worth $2,000 more for one more night, in a much smaller cabin ... just for New Year's ... a trip that I'm most certain will be packed!

Well, personally, I'd choose neither :D. But, if I HAD to pick one, I'd probably go for the 4 night concierge over the other.

Reasons why I'd pick the 4 night over the 5 (even though both are too short for my tastes) - We've never done concierge, so this would give us the chance to give it a shot, and it's $2000 cheaper. While it doesn't matter to us, the 4 night doesn't have a formal night (they do have a "dress up optional" night), the 5 night would, most likely, have a semi-formal.

I'd also look into the cost of getting 2 connecting verandah rooms (or a verandah and an inside across the hall). Many times that will be cheaper than getting a suite, and you get 2 bathrooms (and 2 TVs) that way.

In the Suite there are two bathrooms--one with a whirlpool tub & separate shower, and the other with a shower.

In the Suite there are three TVs: one in the bedroom, one in the bathroom, and one built into/behind the mirror in the master-bath.

Additionally, you can have "any" hot breakfast item delivered to your room. Unfortunately though, they do not provide a catered Balcony Dinner like Princess does.

In the Suite there are two bathrooms--one with a whirlpool tub & separate shower, and the other with a shower.

In the Suite there are three TVs: one in the bedroom, one in the bathroom, and one built into/behind the mirror in the master-bath.

Additionally, you can have "any" hot breakfast item delivered to your room. Unfortunately though, they do not provide a catered Balcony Dinner like Princess does.

Sorry, I mis-spoke myself. I was talking about getting 2 rooms instead of the one Family Oceanview with Verandah. Not the suite.

Archived