B Ocean Ft. Lauderdale?

cruiselover10

Has anyone stayed at the B Ocean Ft. Lauderdale? I called the hotel and they told me they are about a mile passed all of the stores and restuarants right on Ft. Lauderdale Beach. It looks pretty new and one person told me it was the Holiday Inn on the Beach and was closed and reopened as the B Ocean Ft Lauderdale. Looking for any input. We will be staying two days after our cruise in March.

This thread will probably get moved but I'll answer anyway. We stayed there pre-cruise earlier this year. We got it for a good price on Hotwire so didn't know where we would be staying until we'd booked.

We loved this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. It's very stylish and the rooms were beautifully decorated with huge windows, all ocean-facing. Wifi was free with a really strong signal - we skyped home a couple of times while we were there. The staff were really friendly and helpful. It's right across from the beach (which we didn't get to use since the weather was bad). The pool area is pretty small and a bit cramped, but we were there on a weekend which probably made it busier.

The oriental restaurant downstairs is fabulous - we ate there both nights we liked it so much.

It is about a mile from other bars and shops but it's a pleasant walk along the beach so that didn't bother us - and it made the location quieter. You can also go about a mile inland to a shopping mall which has restaurants too.

when did you go? I am almost afraid to ask what you paid for the room, if you don't mind me asking. We have done hotwire the last couple of cruises, we always stay a couple of days before and a couple days after the cruise. We were not getting any "deals" on Hotwire and we have been checking the last month, the prices have all been high.

We stayed there a year ago after getting it for $66+ on Priceline. For that price we were thrilled with it. The hotel is modern and clean, and, as mentioned, the windows are really amazing. The room was smallish but still comfortable. The pool area is quite nice, but, as noted, small.

Even though you're away from the main strip, it's not a bad location. Primanti Brothers has excellent pizza and is right next door. Within a block there are a couple of small cafe type restaurants where you can get breakfast and sandwiches for lunch. I think that there was also a Thai restaurant upstairs from Primantis, but our friends who went there weren't impressed. For a heartier breakfast, I thought the hotel behind B Ocean (to the west) was very good and reasonably priced. I didn't try them for dinner, but they seemed to be Italian themed. Also, the hotel is right on the bus/Sun Trolley line, so it is easy to get places if you don't want to walk.

• 1 month later...

Just returned from my stay there. I was thoroughly impressed! The hotel was clean and modern and the views were to die for! It was quite a ways to the shops if you are walking. However, the water taxi wasn't too far and I enjoyed using that to get around.

The location is fine. It's closer to Galleria Mall than to the main beach shopping/dining so it's still convenient. It was completely renovated about 1-2 yrs ago. The drawbacks are: no balconies, can't see the beach from the pool, quirky tattoo-parlor neighborhood (but very low crime, don't worry).

The location is fine. It's closer to Galleria Mall than to the main beach shopping/dining so it's still convenient. It was completely renovated about 1-2 yrs ago. The drawbacks are: no balconies, can't see the beach from the pool, quirky tattoo-parlor neighborhood (but very low crime, don't worry).

Royalcruz you really give good info. In less than three lines you gave me info on things that matter to me and more, ie neignborhood. Thank you.

Royalcruz you really give good info. In less than three lines you gave me info on things that matter to me and more, ie neignborhood. Thank you.

You are very welcome. My office is down the street. There is a new Publix grocery store 4 blocks away, over the bridge, and across the street from there is the Gallery One Water Taxi stop. On that same block are 2 very nice spas, Casbah and Red Door, restaurants, and upscale mall. Around the corner from the hotel are very casual beachy restaurants/bars.

Archived