Bermuda 6/22/13 Did we pick the wrong week?

luvfamvaca

Just wondering (I realize it is still kind of early) if this particular week is less popular with young people than others? We are out of school here by this time but as I keep checking RC there are so many cabins available still and as I keep checking CC there are so many more people booking the weeks other than the one we chose…I have no doubt in my mind the ship will fill up but I was just thinking maybe there will be less young people on board and maybe we should consider another time since our family members were looking forward to the youth programs and meeting new people around their ages (16-20)? :confused:

Just wondering (I realize it is still kind of early) if this particular week is less popular with young people than others? We are out of school here by this time but as I keep checking RC there are so many cabins available still and as I keep checking CC there are so many more people booking the weeks other than the one we chose…I have no doubt in my mind the ship will fill up but I was just thinking maybe there will be less young people on board and maybe we should consider another time since our family members were looking forward to the youth programs and meeting new people around their ages (16-20)? :confused:

:cool:Most schools are out by then. Children should not be the issue. Bermuda is across from NC and SC. Water gets warmer as the summer goes on. BUT--I was there mid-may and went in. A little chilly but I could handle it. Should be fine by last third of June. Bermuda is not quite as exciting for youngsters as other stops in the Carib maybe:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

:cool:Most schools are out by then. Children should not be the issue. Bermuda is across from NC and SC. Water gets warmer as the summer goes on. BUT--I was there mid-may and went in. A little chilly but I could handle it. Should be fine by last third of June. Bermuda is not quite as exciting for youngsters as other stops in the Carib maybe:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

We are ok with the not so exciting part, the cruise is what they are really looking forward to anyway, we will take them on an excursion or two, I am sure they will be more than happy with that! :D Thank you!

We have gone last week of June twice and there are lots of kids onboard. It is also less popular than July/August because school ends right around then so keep watch for price drops.

:D I was hoping for price drops! :D We booked that week hoping the weather would be better, no flying needed, only had time for a 5 night cruise and also because a couple of us will be starting summer jobs right after July 4th. Guess I will keep my fingers crossed for more people their age…maybe if the price drops. Thanks!

We were on the 6/16/12 sailing of EOS to Bermuda. We had tweens and teens in our group. There were plenty of others on the cruise for them to meet and hang out with. It just wasn't over run.

That's what I am thinking it may be, which is fine, I'm just thankful we get to go away! Our DD college will end in May but the high schools end literally that week, after the finals. I know Bermuda probably isn't the most popular getaway for young people those ages... like someone else said, they will probably opt for 7 day cruises and the caribbean islands instead. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone out there seen or done a Roll Call for a 5 night cruise? I know Meet & Mingle needs to be 7+ nights for the ship crew to be involved, has it been done without the scheduled party? I've been looking for a thread about it, can't seem to find one.:confused:

Archived