Jacksonville: Latest arrival time? Self Assist?

tomsuelaw

1) Looking at a cruise on the Fascination out of JAX. We would be driving from Ohio the day before cruise so may not be able to get to the port early. Just curious, what is the latest you can arrive at the port?

2) If we opt for self-assist, what time can we expect to be able to disembark?

Oh and I am usually not a procrastinator about getting on a ship nor I am normally this eager to get off a ship...usually they have to force me off ;) But since we are driving 14hrs instead of flying, time is something we will need.

Thanks CC Friends!

1) Looking at a cruise on the Fascination out of JAX. We would be driving from Ohio the day before cruise so may not be able to get to the port early. Just curious, what is the latest you can arrive at the port?

2) If we opt for self-assist, what time can we expect to be able to disembark?

Oh and I am usually not a procrastinator about getting on a ship nor I am normally this eager to get off a ship...usually they have to force me off ;) But since we are driving 14hrs instead of flying, time is something we will need.

Thanks CC Friends!

Ship is scheduled to leave (I believe) at 4:00pm and all manifests must be turned in 90 min prior.......so I would think you would want to be onboard somewhere around the 1:30-2:00 to be safe.

We have been on the Facination twice now (had a great time by the way).......the first cruise we did not begin to start disembarking until almost 9:30am :eek:.......the second time was a bit earlier, but not much. We are used to getting off ships VERY early, so this was a bit different for us.

Also be aware because this ship has to go under the bridge to get back to port there have been a few cruises where the tide was too high so they had to wait until it was safe. I'm not sure how often this happens, but I have heard of it.

Hope you have as much fun on the Facination as we did. Say hello to Tommy in the Atrium Bar.......he's great!!!

Yes you must be on board.... not just getting to the terminal but on board no later than 2 pm. Once back to the terminal there are checks done by the coast guard and dogs, so that takes a while. I would think the latest to get off is about 10 am, as normally they start letting folks on around 11:30 am.

Have a great trip and drive SAFE.

Thanks GTO-girl and jaxfl! Very helpful answers. I knew the cruise lines say by 2pm but it seems like in POM (all with NCL) there are always people still embarking till like 3pm, but then again, we have bad luck with hold-ups in the terminal. Sounds like CCL means that as a hard 2pm! Good to know.

Archived