Cruise Insurance

Hello everyone! I am currently booked on the Valor sailing Aug 14th. I wanted to ask, what insurance would you recommend? My main concern is that my father is having heart/health problems and god for bid something were to happen...I would want to be insured for that. Hurricanes somewhat worry me but as my sister works for Carnival, I know they would never put us in danger etc. Thank you in advance for you recommendations and happy cruising to everyone!

I have complete travel insurance including medical.. even tho up here in Canada I have medical insurance where I work... there are some threads that give you lists of places in the states for trip insurance.. I would not go without you never know what Mother Nature can throw at you!!

There are websites that let you compare. Try insuremytrip.com. Most have to be bought within a certain time of your initial deposit to cover pre-existing conditions, which your father's condition might apply.

Yes there is usually a 48 hour time frame to purchase the trip/travel/medical insurance.. but that relates to anyone of your trip purchases... for instance I booked my cruise in feb... booked hotel last monday,, and airfare last thursday... so I was in the 48 hour window to get the insurance.. as i booked my insurance on friday!

Archived