sting ray city and beach excursion - best option?

happybunny1207

My DH and I want to go to the beach after Stingray City. It looks like Native Way is the only company with that option, but its $62.50/person. Is the picnic lunch any good?

I can book through the cruise line for a few dollars less, but I know they throw more people into the tour at once so its not as much quality time with the rays.

Moby Dick is $45 for a three hour tour of barrier reef and SRC, but then we'd have to find a way to the beach ourselves.

Island Marketing is $39 for a four hour tour of the gardens, barrier and SRC but again we'd need to make our own way to the beach.

Which is the best company to go with, all things considered?

Agreed. Even if you must bus or taxi back to SMB that's the way to go. Head for Royal Palms which is not far from the dock (short bus/taxi) and enjoy an excellent burger and cold drinks at the Reef Grill. You can google their web cam (royal palms seven mile beach web cam). We just returned yesterday from a stay at the Marriott just south of the RP and the beach us still very nice at the RP. You can also rent jet skis and parasail amd use their pool for a fee.

• 3 weeks later...

Since we spent a wwek on GCM a few weeks ago I can't recommend the Fat Fish Adventure excursion with Peter and Richard enough. What an excellent waverunner tour! Enjoying lunch and the beach at Rum Point is so much better than RP or anyplace on SMB in our opinion. We were staying on SMB so Rum Point was a nice change.

Excellent tour, if you can take the 1PM 4 hr tour you hit the mangroves, stingray sity, the reef, starfish point, and Rum Point. All for the normal 2 hr price.

My DH and I want to go to the beach after Stingray City. It looks like Native Way is the only company with that option, but its $62.50/person. Is the picnic lunch any good?

I can book through the cruise line for a few dollars less, but I know they throw more people into the tour at once so its not as much quality time with the rays.

Moby Dick is $45 for a three hour tour of barrier reef and SRC, but then we'd have to find a way to the beach ourselves.

Island Marketing is $39 for a four hour tour of the gardens, barrier and SRC but again we'd need to make our own way to the beach.

Which is the best company to go with, all things considered?

We did the Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion with Nativeways in August and had a wonderful time and yes...the lunch was very good as well.

I have written a review with photos of our day with Nativeways. You can check it out from posts #110-#116 in the link below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1120230&page=6

Good luck in making your decision.

Archived