Hotel in Tampa

irish_scouter

What is your definition of good? :confused: Budget? Parking? Shuttles? Port View?

Lots of hotels near the TPA airport in the Westshore area with many dining and shopping options nearby. For cruise parking packages that include the return shuttle from the port, check out these hotels located in the Rocky Point area:

• Holiday Inn,
  • Tahitian Inn,
  • Hampton Inn
  • Chase Suites

Good luck! :)

It all depends on what you are looking for in a hotel:

Holiday Inn Rocky Point, Hampton Rocky Pt and Chase Suites Rocky Pt all have great cruise pkgs that include airport shuttle, breakfast and Roundtrip shuttle to the port and back. The Rocky Point area is an island in an upscale part of Tampa that overlooks the Bay. This area mostly consists of hotels and highrise business buildings. The area is 5 min west of Tampa airport and is a 15 min shuttle ride to the port. Rocky Point offers a few restaurants but the one within walking distance of the above mentioned hotels would be the Bahama Breeze. The above hotels also offer a free shuttle service to a 4 mile area for shopping etc...

This is the area that we stay in for our pre-cruise. We use the Holiday Inn Rocky Point for what we feel is a great cruise package. It is also nice having a great view of the bay.

The Westshore area is just to the other side of the airport and is closer to shopping, malls and restaurants. Some of the more popular ones are: The Ramada airport, Hilton Garden Inn airport, LaQuinta airport, Embassy Suites Westshore,just to name a few. This area is also about a 15 min shuttle ride to the port.

The downtown area has some nicer hotels albeit you will have a hard time finding any that offer airport shuttle service. Some may offer a shuttle to the port, you would just have to inquire. Some of the popular hotels are: The Marroitt Waterside, Embassy Suites Downtown, Residence Inn, Howard Johnson Plaza and Sheraton Riverwalk. These hotels will be the closest to the port but also the most expensive. If you can get a good deal and want to be close to the port and on the downtown Trolley line this would be a great area.

The Tahitian Inn is a popular cruise hotel as well and is located between the airport and the port.

Areas I would avoid in Tampa: The Stadium area on North Dale Mabry Hwy and the Fairgrounds area. This is just my opinion, but there are a lot of seedy areas that are in both locations. The Stadium area has lots of Topless clubs and seedy hotels that are located next to popular chain hotels. It's just a sketchy area IMHO. Also, you do not want to be in a Stadium location on a Gameday. Traffic would be locked-up. The Fairgrounds area is right off the Interstate and again surrounded by some seedy hotels and areas.

Two sites to look at would be, www.stay123.com and www.downtowntampahotels.com

Good luck to you.

:)

Hoosiercouple

Thanks for the info, we booked Chase Suites Rocky Pt, looking forward to the cruise. The last time we left from Tampa was in 2006, did not enjoy the hotel.

My wife and I are transplanted Yankees living in Alabama. I was born and raised about 165 miles north of you between Gary and Chicago. We enjoyed seeing your screen name.

Again Thanks

Nancy & John

Hoosiercouple

Thanks for the info, we booked Chase Suites Rocky Pt, looking forward to the cruise. The last time we left from Tampa was in 2006, did not enjoy the hotel.

My wife and I are transplanted Yankees living in Alabama. I was born and raised about 165 miles north of you between Gary and Chicago. We enjoyed seeing your screen name.

Again Thanks

Nancy & John

I bet you don't miss the winter weather up here !!!!! :D

Here is a link to the menu at Bahama Breeze which is the restaurant right next door to Chase Suites. We have ate there a few times and it is really good. At night, there may be a bit of a wait but you can always have a drink out at the deck bar while waiting or call from your hotel room and have your name added to the waiting list. We went on a Sat eve around 8pm and waited about 30 min. They have a band outside so the waiting actually turned out for the best as it allowed us to have a drink and listen to the band before dinner. http://www.bahamabreeze.com/menus/

Have a great time.

No, we do not really missed that white stuff. I always tease my younger brother, during on his annual Christmas calls he asked me about the weather. When I asked him about his, he said that they were in their long johns and his corn heater was full blast, sooooo I told him that I had just walked down to the mail box in flip flops, t-shirt and shorts. He did not see the humor in it...go figure. lol

Thanks for the info on bahama breeze, we are really looking forward to visiting

Thank Again

John & Nancy aka: Irish

Archived