Solstice Cabin #1198 Sky Suite

oaky

My wife and I will be traveling on Celebrity's Solstice in Cabin #1198. Has anyone cruised on the Solstice and in particualr in cabin 1198 which is a S1 Sky Suite.

Any information would be appreciated and helpful.

We are told this is one of the cabins in the corner on the back of the ship. We will be able to see the back and side views from our veranda.

Is this a good thing? Are there any noise problems being in the back of the ship with the propellers?

Are the S1 cabins any different (bigger) than the S2 cabins?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Oaky

P.S. Any gerneral information about the ship would be appreciated. I have sailed on Celebrity many times, but this is my first trip on Solstice.

Our favorite cabins are the corner aft S1s. We have never had a soot problem (some have?) or noise problem. LOVE LOVE the view - you can see basically down the length and the width of the ship. Perfect place on your balcony for sailaway!

It's quiet back in the aft section - since it's a pretty long walk from any stairs or elevators, people just don't congregate back there and the only people who go back there are the ones who live there. We consider it a bonus. Some with limited mobility or who just don't want to walk that far all the time might feel differently. We love it, feel the bit of extra exercise is only a good thing.

S1s have a big round window as well as the sliders to the balcony. There are one or two columns in the room but after a day you don't even notice them.

We love the extra room in the S1. We've never done S2 but I imagine the amenities are the same except for the 2nd window and that great corner view.

One more thing, there is an extra set of hallway doors at S1 rooms.

I never thought I'd love the tub - but I do.

My wife and I will be traveling on Celebrity's Solstice in Cabin #1198. Has anyone cruised on the Solstice and in particualr in cabin 1198 which is a S1 Sky Suite.

Any information would be appreciated and helpful.

We are told this is one of the cabins in the corner on the back of the ship. We will be able to see the back and side views from our veranda.

Is this a good thing? Are there any noise problems being in the back of the ship with the propellers?

Are the S1 cabins any different (bigger) than the S2 cabins?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Oaky

P.S. Any gerneral information about the ship would be appreciated. I have sailed on Celebrity many times, but this is my first trip on Solstice.

Hi Oaky,

Member Librarylady19, maintains an excellent S-Class spreadsheet - which offers Cabin details, as reported by other Cruise Critic members. I checked 1198, and there is some interesting information posted, about a pole near the bed.

You can find the Spreadsheet here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

We had the pleasure of sailing in that beautiful cabin. It was our first time in the aft corner and it was spendid! Great big balcony that wraps a little around. Amazing views!! The perfect sail away spot for us as we were in the med.

Loved the porthole view on starboard side. It is big enough for an adult in actually sit in. Very quite location. We will always try for one of these cabins again if the price is right! Enjoy!!:)

Archived