One for the Fareviewer watchers

macandlucy

Has anyone noticed if fares fluctuated (especially went down) at all, even 10 bucks, during a Carnival Sale?

I have had some reductions but I don't think they have ever been during a sale. In fact, I cannot remember a time when a price budged at all during a sale. (Clearly I don't mean at the beginning when the sale prices are announced . They may go down or up at that time. I am talking about during the 3 or 4 or 5 days the sale is ongoing).

I am curious and wonder if it's even necessary to continue daily checks on Fareviewer during sales.

Thanks!

Yup, My cabin went down $60 yesterday and when I checked this afternoon it had gone down an additional $80, for a total of $140. All book at the 3-day sale Past guest rate.

I think it also helped alot that final payment [U][I]just[/I][/U] happened to fall yesterday. I have an inside on deck 8 aft and there are a TON of rooms still available in my category.

I do agree with you, that the rate rarely drops during the sale, I have noticed that if you wait till the 2nd to last day of the sale is when the price is lowest.

Archived