Disney Magic Med Cruise Cabin & Pricing

MariahJ

I'm interested in taking my family (2 adults and a 3 y/o) on a Med. cruise in mid-July and our only requirement on cabin is that it is over 200 sf. and ideally would have a window but that's optional.

I'm looking now at the pricing. The basic 184 sf inside cabin is $6,800 for my family of 3 and the next size up is $9,400 for an inside cabin! Yikes. My question is, will this pricing structure likely change over time? I'd really like to book on our next Disney cruise (first week of December) to save the 10% but if there is a lot of variability in the pricing, I may be better off just monitoring it and booking myself when the price goes down.

I'm interested in taking my family (2 adults and a 3 y/o) on a Med. cruise in mid-July and our only requirement on cabin is that it is over 200 sf. and ideally would have a window but that's optional.

I'm looking now at the pricing. The basic 184 sf inside cabin is $6,800 for my family of 3 and the next size up is $9,400 for an inside cabin! Yikes. My question is, will this pricing structure likely change over time? I'd really like to book on our next Disney cruise (first week of December) to save the 10% but if there is a lot of variability in the pricing, I may be better off just monitoring it and booking myself when the price goes down.

Typically, prices on cruises (any cruiseline) will be their lowest the further out you book. As the space fills onboard, prices rise, sometimes quite dramatically (within hours), sometimes a bit more slowly (say, months).

DCL does have a history of last minute restricted fares (generally on cruises that aren't selling well). These prices come out about 45-60 days out and, while they will be lower than the rate being offered at the time, they are generally higher than the rates for the same room on opening day.

:)

Archived