Luggage Size

sscruising

We are travelling on RCL's AOS in Aug. and need to know what the ship's policy is regarding carrying all our luggage on board by ourselves. I know the airlines have size and weight limits but I need to know if all our luggage must be small enough to go through the on board scanners.

The ships do use airport style xray machines, so your "carry-ons" must fit thru them. All they need is 3000 peole trying to lug their big suitcases thru the Centrum lobby and into the elevator.

Was on the MOS last August, I used a regulation-sized wheeled carry-on, I boarded with my bag.

My friend had a bigger wheeled suitcase, it was taken from her right at the terminal in San Pedro, and it showed up in the cabin just a couple hours later, no problem.

T

This is one of the few cases where I think the best source of information is your cruiseline. Unless a passenger comes along who remembers how large the scanners were at your disembarkation lounge, the cruiseline is the only source for this info. I have had no problem with carrying on my luggage, but I've never used RCL.

[b]"I'm gonna book myself on that Princess Cruise." [/b]
-- [i]Fox Mulder, X-Files 'Three Words'[/i]

I agree that the cruise line is the best source of info and I will be doing that. I just figured that there must be some cruisers out there who has sailed with RCL and perhaps live near the port where no transfers are needed and just wanted to know if they travel with nothing but small carry on bags or if they have any problems with carrying larger bags.

My guess is that your stuff will probably fit. Mine aren't enourmous, but they're probably twice as big as carry-on Rollaboard luggage.

Have a great trip!

[b]"I'm gonna book myself on that Princess Cruise." [/b]
-- [i]Fox Mulder, X-Files 'Three Words'[/i]

Archived