In port 7am-2pm ship time, tender?

SUNNY D

We are going on our first cruise this Oct with Carnival Inspiration. We want to book a private stingray excursion.

Cap't Bryan's says it has a 9:30am to 12pm excursion. Am I right in figuring that means 10:30am to 1pm ship time? I don't know anything about tenders, so will this leave us plenty of time to get back if the ship leaves at 2pm ship time, or will we be cutting it close?

Cap't Marvin has a 8:30am to 10:30am one. So, we would get back at 11:30am ship time right? Which would leave us 2 1/2 hours to board the ship. A little time to shop maybe.

We like the catamaran with Capt Bryan but I don't want to be rushing around and stressing about time. How long does it take to get off and back on the ship? Do the tenders run continuously or at certain times? What time should we plan to be back to catch a tender if our ship leaves at 2pm ship time? Thanks for the advice.

• 7 months later...

We just got back from the Miracle last week. We used Capt Bryans' Buccanneer tour and they were great.

Tendering in the Caymans was easy. The tender fleet is very organized and getting from the ship to shore was quite painless. Plan on 45 minutes from when you get in line to getting your on shore pics. The directions are quite easy to follow.

Once you get to Stingray City, you'll feel good that you are with Capt Bryans when you see the size of the cruise ship tours. They give very personalized effort for each in the tour. You'll love them.

Happy cruising!

The Cayman Islands are on Eastern Time. So you will not need to worry about a time change. However Cozumel is on Central time. My wife and I were on the Inspiration in February, 2005 and loved it. Unfortunately we used Carnival to book our Stingray tour and had no time to shop.

We are going back in March on the Triumph and have already booked through Soto's.

Archived