Post cruise day in Miami/FLL??

momtoty2001

We are arriving to Port of Miami on Oct. 6 in the am and we don't fly out of FLL until 8pm that evening.

We are thinking of renting a car for the day and have found a great rate with Enterprise at Miami Airport. Does anyone know if there is a free shuttle with Enterprise to Miami Airport?

Also, we are not sure what to do with our time in Miami/FLL.

We would like to possibly rent a hotel room on the beach for the day, go to the Keys??

Can anyone recommend either a good/not so expensive hotel to look at booking for the day or what other must sees we should do for the day.

We have 2 kids (9 and 10) so activities geared towards them.

Thank you very much!! :)

We are arriving to Port of Miami on Oct. 6 in the am and we don't fly out of FLL until 8pm that evening.

We are thinking of renting a car for the day and have found a great rate with Enterprise at Miami Airport. Does anyone know if there is a free shuttle with Enterprise to Miami Airport? Double check, but I think Enterprise, National and Thrifty share a shuttle between POM and MIA.

Also, we are not sure what to do with our time in Miami/FLL.

We would like to possibly rent a hotel room on the beach for the day, go to the Keys?? No time to go all the way to KW -- it is 3-4 hours each way!

Can anyone recommend either a good/not so expensive hotel to look at booking for the day or what other must sees we should do for the day.

We have 2 kids (9 and 10) so activities geared towards them. check

http://www.between9and5.com for hotels offering day rates.

Thank you very much!! :)

With kids you could visit the Miami zoo or drive through South Beach and then maybe stop and have lunch/beach time on the boardwalk in Hollywood before heading to Fort Lauderdale. The water taxi tour might interest them. Good luck! :)

We stopped at Hollywood last year and it really is a nice place to hang for the day. Beautiful beach. Nice boardwalk full of stores and places to eat. I enjoyed it so much, I am staying precruise for my November cruise in Hollywood so I can go back.

South Beach is nice too but with the cost of parking and there really isn't much there for kids, I really don't think you should waste your time.

Archived