RSSC not using Haifa Port any longer?

Port 11

I understand there was a statement in the UK press on Saturday advising that Regent is no longer using the Port of Haifa in Israel, but remaining at Ashdod instead.

I wonder if anyone could confirm this or give any update before I contact RSSC, as we are due there next month.

Thanks.

I understand there was a statement in the UK press on Saturday advising that Regent is no longer using the Port of Haifa in Israel, but remaining at Ashdod instead.

I wonder if anyone could confirm this or give any update before I contact RSSC, as we are due there next month.

Thanks.

Do think you should call Regent or your TA.

When we were there (December of last year), they had to close to Ashdod port so we docked three days in Haifa. We were able to do the same excursions -- some of the timing changed. Everything should work out fine -- but there may be confusion with the excursions until Regent has time to figure it out.

You should enjoy this cruise tremendously!

• 2 weeks later...

I checked with my TA who contacted Regent. Per the TA:

According to someone at Regent who assured me he would know if there was an itinerary change: Still going to Ashdod for 2 days and Haifa for 2 days.

That, of course, assumes that a change in the port counts as an itinerary change. ??

We board on Saturday!

Karen

Archived