Luau (Honolulu or another island)?

africanviolet

We will be staying in Waikiki for 2 nights pre cruise and would like to go to a good luau. Is Paradise Cove the best option or is there another place? Since we will also be cruising to other islands (Hona, Kona, Maui and Kauai) is there a great luau on one of those? Thanks.

Using CC search engine there is at least 20 pages of posts on the topic, here is the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=34115848

But my vote would be Old Lahaina Luau while your in Maui we have taken different friends three times and thoroughly enjoyed it every time.

Here is also a link where you can check reviews and ratings on tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=luau&sub-search=SEARCH&geo=1&returnTo=__2F__ForumHome

Old Lahaina Luau is rated about the highest of all the luaus on the islands. The ones in Honolulu are all nice from what I understand but there are so many people at them! The exception would be to do the Polynesian Cultural Center with their luau if you are interested in spending the day at the PCC. There are still hundreds of people there, but it is the total experience that would be the draw for me.

That being said, we did neither on our trip to Hawaii. Neither worked into our other plans. We ended up doing the Smith Family Garden Luau through Robert's Tours in Kauai. We booked their Luau and Waimea River/Fern Grotto Combination and were very pleased. The luau was smaller than most (although there were still a couple of hundred people there) and was in a beautiful setting. The food and show were both excellent. They do have the fire dancers that the Old Lahaina Luau does not have and they do serve alcohol, which the PCC does not have. You can see my whole review of our cruise at the link in my signature. The review of the luau part begins here.

We have done a bunch of them, and just returned from a land trip last month on Maui. Look into Feast at Lele too, and see if thats an option based upon your ships timing. The seeting is very nice, and very near the tender port in Lahaina (within a very short walking distance). It's a bit more expensive, but believe me, the food uality is higher. Have a great time!

We have done a bunch of them, and just returned from a land trip last month on Maui. Look into Feast at Lele too, and see if thats an option based upon your ships timing. The seeting is very nice, and very near the tender port in Lahaina (within a very short walking distance). It's a bit more expensive, but believe me, the food uality is higher. Have a great time!

I was looking at the website and could not find what time the Feast of Lele starts. Do you remember the hours?

We have the Feast booked for April and this was what was on our confirmation.

"Times: One seating at sunset: SUMMER: 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm May through August; SPRING/FALL: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm February, March, April & September; WINTER: 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm October through February"

We have the Feast booked for April and this was what was on our confirmation.

"Times: One seating at sunset: SUMMER: 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm May through August; SPRING/FALL: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm February, March, April & September; WINTER: 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm October through February"

Thanks! :cool:

Archived