QE2 January Crossing

sfo-john

RJMS74Thanks for the info. I'll look into it. I think I'm off Cunard's mailing list since they sent me a flyer reducing a cruise I paid £2500 more for by booking early onboard. Their reply to my complaint was that they would ensure that in future these offers would not be sent out to people who had already booked.

Seagreen

It seems that there are a lot of you here who are familiar with QE2. This is a little off topic, but can anyone tell me if QE2 is wheelchair/scooter friendly? I just started looking at the World Cruise, but if I had problems getting around with my scooter on such a long cruise I might not be as happy as otherwise! The main issues are steps or step-overs, space in cabin for small scooter, elevator big enough, etc. Any insight on these issues for me? I have not yet checked the Disabled Cruisers site, but that is my next stop!

My very first cruise experience was on the old QE's last Atlantic crossing in 1965. I can still remember the size of the Grand Ballroom, the beautiful tapestries, my first taste of caviar and the small cabin for 3 in touriist class. I wonder how QE2 compares.

Ruth

Bit Unsure About Booking Ewither An Mo Or C5 Any Ideas Qif The C5 Is Worth The Extra. Gouing O The Qe3 In July A Freebie From Last Year To Iceland/norway To Try Her Out. But Lokimng Foprwatrd To This Cruise. Not Had Any Really Rough Trips In 30 Cruises, But I Guess I Can Cope Wiyth Everything

Dave

Bit Unsure About Booking Ewither An Mo Or C5 Any Ideas Qif The C5 Is Worth The Extra. Gouing O The Qe3 In July A Freebie From Last Year To Iceland/norway To Try Her Out. But Lokimng Foprwatrd To This Cruise. Not Had Any Really Rough Trips In 30 Cruises, But I Guess I Can Cope Wiyth Everything

Dave

Dave:

Welcome aboard !!!

The rough weather stuff just adds a little excitement, but nothing to worry about. On my last two westbound crossings (an April, and a December), the first full day out of Southampton was the rough day. Actually, in December most of the voyage was fairly calm.

Tom;)

....This is a little off topic, but can anyone tell me if QE2 is wheelchair/scooter friendly? I just started looking at the World Cruise, but if I had problems getting around with my scooter on such a long cruise I might not be as happy as otherwise! The main issues are steps or step-overs, space in cabin for small scooter, elevator big enough, etc. Any insight on these issues for me? I have not yet checked the Disabled Cruisers site, but that is my next stop!

My very first cruise experience was on the old QE's last Atlantic crossing in 1965. I can still remember the size of the Grand Ballroom, the beautiful tapestries, my first taste of caviar and the small cabin for 3 in touriist class. I wonder how QE2 compares.

Ruth

Hi Ruth

No one else seems to be forthcoming with any insights. Having looked at the ships plans, it seems that there are only 2 wheelchair access cabins as shown in the 2006 brochure and they are both Q3 grade!!! Here I go upsetting a lot of people again, but I find the ship cramped and I'm sure you would find your access very restricted to many parts. Lifts can be small and are often open directly onto narrow stairways.

How wonderful to have been on the last QE transatlantic in 1965 - I don't think anything can come close to matching that experience today.

Sorry I can't be of any more help

Ken

Hey you rascal rider Ruth!!!

Don't let that bubble burst - if you can hold onto the dream for a few more years then you should be able to do a world cruise on QM2 or Queen Victoria (whenever she appears) which are much more compatable to your needs. Personally I can't see why anyone would pay over $18,000 per person (after discount) for bunk beds in a cramped inside cabin on QE2 ??????

Best wishes

Ken

Archived