Barcelona Metro - elevators/escalators?

fgc15527

We are travelling to Spain in a few weeks and the Spain Page is a little slow right now so I thought I would post here for a quicker answer.

Do the Metro Stations in Barcelona have elevators or escalators? Or just stairs? We have one person in our group that can not do a lot of stairs. I would like to use the metro but if you think if would be difficult for a person with bad knees we'll use a taxi instead.

Thanks

We are travelling to Spain in a few weeks and the Spain Page is a little slow right now so I thought I would post here for a quicker answer.

Do the Metro Stations in Barcelona have elevators or escalators? Or just stairs? We have one person in our group that can not do a lot of stairs. I would like to use the metro but if you think if would be difficult for a person with bad knees we'll use a taxi instead.

Thanks

it depends on the station. Most stations can be looked up on Wikipedia, plus http://www.tmb.cat/ can help

This website http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/metro-in-barcelona.html has a chart as to which stations have lifts (elevators)

Have a great trip

WARNING. We are very much travelled, thought we were very aware of our surroundings, and we were very nearly "pickpocketed" on Barcelona subway. Never would have thought we would have fallen for it.

We were heading in for our cruise, lugging our bags and just lost focus for a minute(actually for about 15 seconds) while boarding train, and in that time my wife's backpack was unzipped..luckily nothing was taken, but we were completely taken off guard.

Have since obviously learned our lesson..now use caribeaners (if that is spelled right) that secure our zippers together...but really we are just more aware of our surroundings and how easy it was that time to be targeted.

That's depending of the station, most of them have elevators and escalators but a few of them don't. I am from Barcelona so I if you need any other question I have no problem to answer it! Even though, the metro in Barcelona i3s practically new and it's quite impressive, so you won't have any problem appart from pickpocketings!

Archived