Miami, Fort lauderdale Hotel Post cruise

momtoty2001

We are arriving back to Port of Miami from our cruise and our flight out of Fort Lauderdale doesn't leave until 8:00pm. We have a car rental and are looking for a inexpensive hotel room for the day.

We will just rent it overnight but are looking for the following:

* would like it to be on the beach (Miami Beach, FLL, Miami or anywhere in between)

* prefer one within walking distance to shopping (souveniers, local restaurants, beach shops, stores etc)

* would like free parking as we will have a car rental.

Can anyone recommend a few hotels that would match this?

Check http://www.between9and5.com/ for day rooms.

Doubtful anything on the beach in either Miami Beach or Fort Lauderdale will offer free parking. :( You will likely find more offerings near the airports - Sofitel near MIA comes up often and has a local strip mall with dining and shopping options within walking distance and a small pool.

Good luck! :)

Check http://www.between9and5.com/ for day rooms.

Hey JID, the ONLY hotel that shows up on this website is the Sofitel.

To the OP,

You are almost describing South Beach...you didn't mention a budget, hotels CAN be in the $200+ range.

Free Parking? Fuhgetabout it, not in Miami areas that are walking distance to stuff. On street metered parking in Miami Beach is $1.75/hour. Public garages are $1.00/hour. Weekends public garage is $15.00 flat no in/out.

Side note: local tip, may not apply to you.. but weekdays you can park in a residential area for free until 6PM

Thank you for your reply. I did check out the 9to5 website and didn't find anything available in FLL and nothing near the beach.

We will be in Miami/FLL on a Saturday. Southbeach would be nice but I think a little more than we want to spend.

Is there anything in the $100-$150 range closer to Hollywood/FLL? Just looking for a place to shower and hang out by a pool with possible beach access.

Thank you!

Is there anything in the $100-$150 range closer to Hollywood/FLL? Just looking for a place to shower and hang out by a pool with possible beach access.

Thank you!

I'm sure you can find that in the Hollywood area...but I'm almost never in that area so I can't recommend anything. Maybe royalcruz will pop in here with some suggestions.

Cheape® places on Miami Beach that would be neat to have for a day are:

Hotel Chelsea

Beachcomber

Whitelaw

Century

Kent

Although they don't meet your pool requirement.

Archived