Houston Supershuttle

mobsterdon

I was wondering if anyone has used supershuttle in Houston at all. I was given a quote of $300 for 7 people from Houston to the four points sheraton on Galveston Island, and back from the cruiseport. Does anyone know how good they are and if they are on time? I know of several Limo services that can take us but they are $525+ for roundtrip, I just didn't know if you thought it was worth the extra saving to go Supershuttle.

• 1 month later...

I've used them twice. Going to Galveston they were great -- right on time. Departing the cruise ship, not so great -- Both times we had to wait outside over 90 minutes. But the problem is not all SuperShuttle's. The traffic flow at the Galveston terminal is a problem, especially with over 3000 passengers trying to leave in a 2-3 hour window. If you are driving or have a late flight, I'd stay with them and save the money. If you have an early flight (say, before 2pm), I'd book someone else for the return. You don't have to make a round trip. One nice thing -- the SuperShuttle quote includes the driver tip; other quotes usually do not. We will use them again next April. We have 10 in our group, and SuperShuttle is less than $15 per person each way from the Bush airport area. Also, for a charter, you have the SuperShuttle bus for 2 hours each way, so you if you want the driver to drive around Galveston for a tour, or if you want to make a Walmart or drug store stop, just tell the driver.

Need to get from Bush Airport to Galveston hotel in April. When I look at the super shuttle site it just lists local destinations...so will it take us to Galveston? Approx price? Or is there a cheaper or better way...

Thanks Texas friends....

Need to get from Bush Airport to Galveston hotel in April. When I look at the super shuttle site it just lists local destinations...so will it take us to Galveston? Approx price? Or is there a cheaper or better way...

Thanks Texas friends....

Check this page from their site http://www.supershuttle.com/: https://reservations.supershuttle.com/Default.aspx?content=Rate

I used from/to airport/Cruise Terminals in their Search since you did not mention your hotel name.

Kat 50.gif

we got a price for 7 people from Action Limo was $240 each way for a stretch limo

If you want a limo, go for it. If you want to save money, you can charter Supershuttle for about $100 each way. And, the Supershuttle quoted price includes the drive tip. I wonder if your limo quote include the tip? If not, add another 15% or more to the cost.

Thanks for the super shuttle link...looks like $135 from Bush airport to our hotel....not bad, especially if that includes tip. Always appreciate CChelp!:p

Less than $20 per person. Can't beat that. If you are using Supershuttle on the return, you might have to wait a while for them at the ship -- it is so hectic and crowded then and they are not allowed to wait at the ship. They are dispatched when you call them after you go through customs. We've had to wait 90 minutes both times we have used them. So don't book and early flight. Or use Supershuttle going to the ship, but another service going back to the airport if you have an early flight.

So here is our situation. We have 8 adults and plan to stay at a hotel in Houston near the airport. We are looking at a shuttle service to pick us up early in the morning at the hotel and take us to the port. Then we would be looking at shuttle from cruise terminal back to the airport after cruise. Also concerned about having enough room or everyones baggage??? What do you all recommend???

So here is our situation. We have 8 adults and plan to stay at a hotel in Houston near the airport. We are looking at a shuttle service to pick us up early in the morning at the hotel and take us to the port. Then we would be looking at shuttle from cruise terminal back to the airport after cruise. Also concerned about having enough room or everyones baggage??? What do you all recommend???

Supershuttle would be fine going to Galveston. Don't leave too early. 10am should be fine -- getting you at the cruise terminal around 11:15 (from the north Bush airport). We have 10 of us, and they took 1 large bag and 1 small bag per person plus a wheelchair. With only 9 of you (and the baby probably won't have a separate large bag), you'll be fine. Supershuttle is fine on the return too if you don't mind waiting an hour or so after you clear customs. It is always a madhouse trying to get off the ship, since everyone (over 3000 people) are trying to leave in about a 2-hour window, and the traffic flow in Galveston is poor IMO. You are actually chartering Supershuttle for 2 hours per trip. You'd have enough time for the shuttle to stop at a store such as Walmart on the way if you wanted to pick up additional supplies like more diapers. Just don't go over the 2 hours.

Springhill suites on JFK Blvd. is a nice place to stay if you don't already have a place.

Archived