Belong to Weight watchers how should we eat?

granni10

I had lost 30 lbs just before the Transatlantic cruise 16 days!! What I did was book the cabin as far forward as possible - it was a good hike to the Buffet area - so if I wanted to eat I had to plan on it. Exercise!! I think it did help some!!

But really I told myself I could have what I really really wanted and if I didnt like something, I did not feel like I had to eat it! :D By day 7 I knew what I really really wanted!! But ate in moderation!!

Congrats on the loss...I don't know anything about WW so as far as point counting I have no understanding. I will tell you what qualifies me to give some advise is a 50 lbs loss in weight that I did by moderation and exercise.

Keep to small portions ( normal size for most countries outside the US)

Drink a lot of water as was suggested before

Walk the stairs if you are able

Walk the track if you can't use the stairs and are able to walk a track

Go to the gym if it is in your normal routine

I tend to stay away from the fried foods, buffet except for salad and remember to eat slow so your mind will relize that your stomach is full

Even if you gain a couple of pounds when you get home you will most likely get right back into your plan and the couple pounds should drop off quickly. Go enjoy your cruise

I also lost 30 pounds with Weight Watchers and have been maintaining that loss for 10 months. I have been on three Carnival cruises while doing the WW plan. One was during the weight loss phase, the other two were during maintenance. I didn't gain any weight during any of those cruises. One of the cruises was the 12 day Breeze cruise. So I think I can give some good advice. The healthy eating is only half of the equation. You also need to get in some exercise to offset some of your indulgences. All the ships have a gym and taking the stairs is a big help as well. We walked a lot in the ports. I have a pedometer and it gives me an idea of how far I walk. There are plenty of healthy choices for every meal. You won't feel deprived. I still tracked even when I wasn't sure of the point value. Just writing it down helps. There is a lot of fresh fruit at every meal and really good salad bar. In the main dining room there is a spa selection every night with a heart logo next to it meaning that it is lower in fat and calories. Yes you can have the occasional dessert. If you enjoy a cocktail be careful of all those fruity drinks with the umbrellas. They are pretty high in points. I stick to a glass of white wine. Hope you have a great cruise!
I'm also a Lifetime member, lost slightly more than 24 lbs. over 9 years ago and have kept it off since by following the above program. Have been on 3 cruises in the interim and lost weight on all of them by being more active. You can do this!! Have a great cruise! Silver

I've been on and off weight watchers for two years, but I still have a lot of weight to lose so your experience may be different than mine.

I did not track, and I did this with the blessing of my leaded, I was on vacation for crying out loud! But I did take the tools I learned and ate sensibly.

We avoided the buffet as much as we could. Buffets can be huge trigger zones for me so we only ate there for breakfast. I had a burrito for one lunch, and the Mongolian Wok for another, and other lunches were on shore excursions.

We ate dinner in the MDR every night and I had at least one dessert everyday (dessert from the MDR and ice cream cones).

We made sure a couple of our shore excursions were active adventures and not all lazy beach days. We used the stairs mostly since we stayed on Empress deck.

I don't drink and I'm too cheap for a soda card so I drank lots of water and ice tea.

After getting home I went to my next meeting and was down 3 pounds.

Have a great cruise!

I'm a Weight Watchers Leader... lost 147 pounds... the key is like most posters have already said, eat in moderation... what has always worked for me is eat a sensible breakfast and lunch and then for dinner have appetizer, main and dessert... as for alcohol, again be sensible and have yourself a couple... with all the extra walking and swimming you'll be doing you will be fine... one of the things that has always helped is to say to myself, have what you want but you must stop when you begin to feel full... so far using this theory, I have come home from my cruises weighing the same or up only one or two pounds... remember you are on vacation and weight watchers is not a diet but a lifestyle change... you sound like your well on your way with a 30 pd loss... don't stress and enjoy your cruise!

PS... when I think I'm hungry I tell myself to grab a fruit... if I twist up my face and say no... well I'm not hungry! lol

Archived