Belong to Weight watchers how should we eat?

granni10

I lost 30 pounds with weight watchers, it took me seven months. I'm going on the Breeze 12-2-2012 I dont want to gain it all back, but I love food. How should I eat? What should I stay away from? What qualifies you to tell me? What if if I only have one dessert?

Thanks a-lot

As a WW member and a cruise vet, tracking is paramount. Stick to foods you can reliably track and stick to your points limits. It's too easy to go off plan on the cruise otherwise. Plus, your weekly allowance and activity points are there for a reason. Also before you leave, check in with your leader, they will be able to help

I lost 30 pounds with weight watchers, it took me seven months. I'm going on the Breeze 12-2-2012 I dont want to gain it all back, but I love food. How should I eat? What should I stay away from? What qualifies you to tell me? What if if I only have one dessert?

Thanks a-lot

It was the "what qualifies you to tell me?" that made me hesitate to respond to this.:o Sorry, but I love food too, and dont always make good meal choices when Im cruising. I just have what I want to have, within reason. I cruise for 7 days, and just have a bit of everything I want. Lunch for me usually salad bar, (just the veggies, no potato or pasta salad) and a fatfree or low fat dressing. Dinner, I will have appetizer, main and usually dessert. I am always more than satisfied with that. Try not to hit the bread basket too much. and for breakfast ( I know, should have said this first ), but I try to stick to fruit, and a little bread. A lot of it is common sense, but I certainly dont deny myself anything I want. And yes, as the other poster said; the spa menu choices in MDR are there with calorie and fat content etc, listed, and they are surprisingly tasty. Have a great cruise.:)

Don't deprive yourself - that's what the extra points are for! But I found it easiest to follow the "core" plan when I was sailing - that way you don't have to overcompensate/count all the time - you'll lose track or stress yourself out otherwise!

Fresh fruit is offered for dessert every single night, and it's amazing! Fruit is zero points and you truly won't miss the sweet stuff - every time I ordered it I was shocked by how sweet and truly good it was - there are also a lot of good seafood dishes, you can get grilled chicken, salmon, steak every night - shrimp cocktail for appetizer, some of the soups are really good and relatively low cal (Tom Ka Gai for example) -

Pick one or two things to indulge in per day and have a great trip! If you walk up and down the stairs, you'll burn off the few extra calories you do consume. I think I actually lost 2 pounds last time I cruised. Not sure how - REALLY not sure how - the other key is to drink a TON of water because some of the food is pretty high in sodium, which will cause you to retain water, appear to have gained weight, so drinking water/iced tea/etc helps with that.

I lost 25 lbs. on WW, but when I am on a cruise I don't track. I just eat sensibly and I take the stairs everywhere. We never use the elevator. Everytime we have cruised I have come home either weighing the same as when I left or about 1 lb. heavier.

I usually have grapefruit and yogurt in the morning, sometimes a piece of toast. For lunch I almost always have a salad. I love eating salad. I will often have some fruit also. For dinner I just eat whatever I want, but I eat a sensible portion. I will sometimes get dessert, but I'm not a huge dessert person so I can take it or leave it. I do love the little chocolate chip cookies that Carnival puts out at the late buffet and I will usually grab 2-3 of those.

I really think the biggest thing is to keep moving when you are on the cruise. We are constantly on the go and up and down the stairs a zillion times a day.

It is a vacation so I don't really obsess about it. Once I get home I can get back to eating and working out like I normally do.

on my first cruise i gained about 10 pounds, i gain easily on my second cruise we were seated with a couple that told us the secret to not gaining wait on a cruise. eat what you want "in moderation" never take the elevator take the stairs and enjoy. never gained another pound on a cruise yet, on one cruise even lost 2 lbs, going to put it to the test again Nov 26 Elation:)

First off, congrats. I just hit my goal this week and have lost 48 lbs since January.

I will drop a few extra before I go on my cruise next year but remember, one thing learned from WW, don't deprive yourself and eat what you want. Vacation is not an excuse for slacking off and gaining weight. You can still go on vacation and lose weight. My sister and I went out of town in May and I still lost 4 lbs that week. I hit the gym every morning and ate "off plan" but its all portion control. You know what you have learned from WW and just use that.

I also lost 30 pounds with Weight Watchers and have been maintaining that loss for 10 months. I have been on three Carnival cruises while doing the WW plan. One was during the weight loss phase, the other two were during maintenance. I didn't gain any weight during any of those cruises. One of the cruises was the 12 day Breeze cruise. So I think I can give some good advice. The healthy eating is only half of the equation. You also need to get in some exercise to offset some of your indulgences. All the ships have a gym and taking the stairs is a big help as well. We walked a lot in the ports. I have a pedometer and it gives me an idea of how far I walk. There are plenty of healthy choices for every meal. You won't feel deprived. I still tracked even when I wasn't sure of the point value. Just writing it down helps. There is a lot of fresh fruit at every meal and really good salad bar. In the main dining room there is a spa selection every night with a heart logo next to it meaning that it is lower in fat and calories. Yes you can have the occasional dessert. If you enjoy a cocktail be careful of all those fruity drinks with the umbrellas. They are pretty high in points. I stick to a glass of white wine. Hope you have a great cruise!

I am currently on WW but wasnt last cruise I took.

If I felt like snacking or dessert I too would hit the fruits hard. Also try to avoid the fried foods.

Surprised nobody has mentioned refraining from alcohol. If you gotta drink it just keep it in moderation.

And drink a ton of water and stay as active as possible....you'd be surprised how many extra points you get from a little physical activity...so take advantage of those port days and do a physical excursion.

Most of all ENJOY the cruise! In 10 years from now you will remember the fun....not the few pounds gained or lost.

Just eat what you have been eating but enjoy a dessert or two (not in one day though LOL). That should allow you to maintain. If you lost 30 pounds you obviously have the hang of it so don't stress and just make careful choices.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

Great sugar-free deserts each night also watch for things marked as Spa Menu.

Avoid the Warm chocolate melting cake unless you've starved all day and want to endulge.

Sugar free ice creams are offered in the MDR for dessert and egg substitute is available at the omlet bar and breakfast in MDR. Many sugar free desserts are offered on the lido deck. They also offer soft serve low fat frozen yogurt 24/7.

Take care and enjoy!

Congrats on your weight loss!! That's awesome!!

I'm on a similar plan to Weight Watchers called Calorie Count (it's free :p) Lost 17 pounds so far 7 more to go...:D

I'll be cruising soon....My meals will be....B - Coffee, fruit L - Salad (low fat or fat free dressing) Afternoon Snack - Frozen Yogurt D - fish, veggies

Nothing fried, no desserts, no bread.

Stairs no elevators and Dance Dance Dance....;)

The Cupid Shuffle is calling my name...:eek:

Have a great cruise!!

The temptaiton to eat will be overwhelming. Food is everywhere and tempts you. Your only hope is to eat wisely and to NOT be a lump and to work the calories off. The Breeze has a wonderful wrap around promenade. Walk around there three, four, five, six, or more times a day and that will help to keep the extra calories off. If you are in relatively good shape and can handle a light to moderate workout i the gym, spend 30 minutes a day on a exercise bike, treadmill, or elliptical trainer.

I just got back on Saturday from a seven day cruise on the Liberty and I can safely say I chowed down very well. I didn't gain an ounce because I spent a lot of time walking around the ship. The most time spent in a deck chair on the cruise was 30 minutes watching the Morning Show on the last sea day, and we went to Half Moon Cay--I probably spent a good 2-3 hours in the water. I also was in the water swimming and getting a damn good workout swimming and snorkeling every chance I got-on the ship and in port. San Juan is the only port I didn't get in the sea/pool...

Pace yourself and you will do fine and you must get some exercise to help the calories from hanging around!

Im a lifer :p

Good breakfast, portion control,no seconds, extra steamed veggies every meal, if i bite it i write it, and no elevators. :D

Otherwise...while on the cruise...if i want it...im having it, if its not worth it, im chucking it, and if want another one...Iill count it...but maybe i'll have to skip something later.

Thats my plan.

;)

Thanks a-lot

Looks like you got some great advice so far! I'm not a member of weight watchers but love their program. I've worked with a Trainer and he helped me alot with my eating habits ... believe it or not, most of the time I wasn't eating enough! You need to make good choices and make sure you have proteins, carbs and fats every day .... breakfast which I never ate .... on a regular basis is a protein shake and fruit.

When I go on a cruise I love to eat and I enjoy it! We keep active and I also think exercise is a key ingredient to not only keeping healthy, but keeping weight in line. You can work out on the ship and like others have said, there are many healthy eating options.

But, for the most part ... you're on vacation. You may be surprised that since you've gotten into the routine of eating well, that even if you do indulge, you will still have your program on your mind. Use common sense, I say and don't eat till the point where you are stuffed. I always expect to gain a few pounds on a cruise ... wear my 'skinny' dresses first and have more 'roomy' ones for the end!! LOL!! But, seriously, when you get back, just really dig in and I promise you, any extra weight you put on will come off very quickly. Just like when you begin losing, it doesn't all come off all at once since it didn't go on overnight ... same idea ... it's a week, not a lifetime ... you can fix it!! ENJOY!! :)

Well I lost 143 pounds this yr,not on WW but gastric bypass. I just got off a 7 night cruise and lost a pound. They had a sugar free cake or pie every night. A yr ago I wouldn't even think about eating sugar free. But I must say it sure was good. You know what you should eat and stick with it. Like someone said it will be marked as a Spa Menu. It was easier for me because I can only eat 4-7 oz a meal.

Archived