Wine Package: Schooner Bar & Windjammer

nascar20fan

I am considering pre-ordering a wine package so that it can be paid for prior to our cruise. I have found conflicting info and would appreciate a clarification. I know I can get the wine in the dinning room and specialty restaurants. However, can I pick a bottle up from the package at Schnooer Bar & Windjammer? Also if I pre-order the package, how do I get the sticker that shows I have the package?

Thank you for your replies. :)

I am considering pre-ordering a wine package so that it can be paid for prior to our cruise. I have found conflicting info and would appreciate a clarification. I know I can get the wine in the dinning room and specialty restaurants. However, can I pick a bottle up from the package at Schnooer Bar & Windjammer? Also if I pre-order the package, how do I get the sticker that shows I have the package?

It's totally up to the particular ship management and situation if bottles from your wine package are available at Windjammer and bars. The bottles are stored in the dining room storage area, so someone would have to leave the bar and go to the dining room and fetch the bottle. If there is only one bartender, then they are not likely to be able to leave to get a bottle. I've been lucky once where the sole bartender called someone to take over so he could get a bottle for me, and I felt that was exceptional service. All you can know for sure is that your bottles will be available in the MDR and specialty restaurants.

We've never had a problem getting a bottle in the Windjammer but we have never tried in one of the bars. You will probably get the sticker when you order the first bottle. Not sure about that snce we have never pre-ordered.

In the past, when I preorder the wine package I received the sticker on my sea pass card at dinner the first night.

I have been successful getting bottles from my wine package in the MDR, Windjammer, and the speciality restaurants. I have been unable to get a bottle at Vintages and the Schooner Bar.

As another poster stated, I think it depends on the ship.

We had preordered a wine package for our recent cruise on Mariner - my Seapass was stickered on the first night in the MDR by our waiter - we were not allowed to order through room service for a bottle to be delivered - we did have it in Chops - didn't try for a bottle in Schooners - but on the last night ate in WJ and whilst we did manage to get our last bottle delivered it did take a bit of insistence on my part!!!

Archived