Queen Victoria arrived in Bremerhaven

fg_hb

Hello,

QV arrived in Bremerhaven for maintainace and slippend into the drydock.

[ATTACH]247276[/ATTACH]

Best regards

Frank

Thanks for the update Frank. Glad she made it safely. Our cruise that ended yesterday was absolutely wonderful and she betrayed no sign whatsoever of the problem that was ailing her. According to the Captain, the levels of wear in the port pod were higher than expected and that was the reason for the dry dock - I presume the pod is going to be replaced. The only outward symptom of anything wrong was the presence on board of a significant number of German engineers who, I assume, were carrying out as much preliminary work as possible prior to the dry docking. So, my favourite ship and I are both in dry dock now as I managed to come down with sciatica caused by a trapped nerve in my back during the cruise. I hope I manage to get over it before QV gets out of "hospital" :D:D

J

Hi Cruachan,

thank you for your answer. I also Hope that you are on your feet again very soon. Local television stated that the maintainance will last 10 days. I will look from time to time, because Bremerhaven is not far away from my home. I hope I can do some other pictures.

Thanks for the update Frank. Glad she made it safely. Our cruise that ended yesterday was absolutely wonderful and she betrayed no sign whatsoever of the problem that was ailing her. According to the Captain, the levels of wear in the port pod were higher than expected and that was the reason for the dry dock - I presume the pod is going to be replaced. The only outward symptom of anything wrong was the presence on board of a significant number of German engineers who, I assume, were carrying out as much preliminary work as possible prior to the dry docking. So, my favourite ship and I are both in dry dock now as I managed to come down with sciatica caused by a trapped nerve in my back during the cruise. I hope I manage to get over it before QV gets out of "hospital" :D:D

J

Get well soon!!:)

Get well soon!!:)

Thanks Cap'n but I suspect my recovery will proceed a lot more slowly now that I'm not on the ship and must, perforce, fulfill the dual role of room service and cabin steward for the Memsahib. Roll on Monday when I can get back to work for a rest.

:D:D:D

J

Archived