Phones in cabins?

Scrappinbec

Since I haven't seen it on here I'm going to guess that Carnival doesn't provide cellphones to use while on board? When we were on Disney, we had 2 cellphones in our cabin that we could use anywhere on the ship. It was nice having it if you are somewhere on the ship without other family members or friends. Especially helps with kids.

Just wondering if Carnival did this?

Thanks!

Cell phones are given for kids ages 2-3 while registered in camp carnival.

regular phones are in the cabin and are free to call cabin to cabin or from any public house phone around the ship.

with your disney cruise-- everyone gets a cell phone or just the people with young kids in camps?

No one in my family owns a cellphone and cellphones don't work in our neck of the woods, having one on a ship then....no thanks.

We cruise with 3 cabins of family members ( my sister and brothers family), even with 3 rooms I don't ever recall using the landline phone in our room even once? ( Calls to home too expensive and we don't use/need room service).

To me a personal cellphone sounds like a crazy reason to raise the cost of a cruise. To each their own, but I see it as a non needed item.

No they don't. I think Disney is the only line that does that (I may be wrong and I am sure if I am, I will be corrected soon.. lol).

We have sailed with 3 cabins of family members and never had a problem. We just communicated and made arrangements to meet up at certain times of the day.

Like one of the other posters said, only if you have young kids in camp carnival so that they can reach you in an emergency.

No cellphones are provided for on ship communication. yes Disney does provide these, but then a Disney cruise also costs 3 to 4 times what your Carnival cruise will cost. There are wired phones in the cabin and you can call from any house phone on the ship to any other house phone or cabin phone on the ship. If that does not offer you enough contact, bring a set of walkie talkies. They work most anywhere although be courteous when using them so not to disturb others (talking on them during the shows is a no no).

Our teens spent most of their time in the teen clubs, so they were either in the room o in the club so it was easy to get in touch with them via the phones. Plus they knew they had to be at dinner etc...

[quote name='serene56']Cell phones are given for kids ages 2-3 while registered in camp carnival.

regular phones are in the cabin and are free to call cabin to cabin or from any public house phone around the ship.

with your disney cruise-- everyone gets a cell phone or just the people with young kids in camps?[/quote]

Everyone had phones in their rooms to use while on the ship! Didn't have to have young kids to use them.

Thanks everyone for all the replies. Like I said before, I was just wondering. Even though we had them in our cabin (on the Disney cruise) we didn't use them much at all. But it was nice knowing they were there if we needed them and knowing we could take them with us anywhere on the ship!!

[quote name='serene56']Cell phones are given for kids ages 2-3 while registered in camp carnival.

with your disney cruise-- everyone gets a cell phone or just the people with young kids in camps?[/quote]

They are called "Wave phones".. their name for walkie talkies. :) they are now provided in all rooms on DCL

Archived