St Kitts tours

cpayne

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Kriss Tours on St Kitts via email? The address I have keeps returning my messages saying address unknown.

I've also seen Ilva Wallace mentioned on the boards as a great tour operator. If any of you have used this operator would appreciate knowing how to get in contact with this person.

We are looking to do some hiking to either Mt Liamuiga Volcano or Dos Dane Pond. Only finding two operators so far (Greg's Safaris and Kriss Tours). Greg is not responding to my email and can't get in touch with Kriss Tours. HELP!!!!

Would appreciate any input from those that have done either of these excursions.

We used Ilva Wallace on our Golden Princess cruise the week of 4/10/05. She has a new van that can accomodate at least 8- I think there was room for 2 more. We did an island tour with stops at the batik factory, the fort, the black rocks and a stop at the beach ( with plenty of stops for picture taking too) She spent the entire day with us- and would have spent more but we were tired and ready to go back to the ship. She will do whatever you want to do I'm sure. She charged us $30pp for the day ( did not include the $8 fee for the fort) her e-mail address is Ilvawallace_4@hotmail (make sure you include the lower (_) in the address. She was very prompt in returning mail. Also make sure you check back with her before your cruise to make sure it will be her that will be your guide- Our group found her to be the highlight of the week

• 1 month later...
Ilva Wallace's email address is Ilvawallace@yahoo.com. I spoke with her yesterday and she sounds lovely. We booked with her for 5 hours at a cost of $25.00 per person. Hope this helps.

You can review my prior post regarding the issue that I had with Ilva. I can not suggest too strongly that you get confirmation from her that she will personally be doing your tour and not subcontracting you out to someone else, as happened to us in March 2005.

• 4 weeks later...

We're on the same ship as SJS (hi sandy) and we are interested in the "bike" (four wheeler) tour/rental on St. Kitts. I have found the website but it doesn't give prices. It does give phone and email of which I haven't tested yet. Thought I would ask here first.

What is the website for the 4 wheeler tour. We may be interested in this one! Not having much luck arranging a hiking tour.

Thanks.

Here is the web site. http://www.stkitts-tourism.com/EnjoyStKitts/Tours_FunBikes.asp

I used this site to manuver around until I found the actual site FunBikes, but it still didn't give prices..just a phone # and email. I haven't called them yet.

• 3 weeks later...
Can you just have a cab take you to the fort? Any idea what they would charge? Trying to decide whether to just book the tour from the ship.

Thanks,

Sandy

We were in St. Kitts in February. As you got off the ship, the Dept. of Tourism was organizing Half Island and Whole Island tours. The process was very organized. We chose the Half Island Tour which included a stop at the fort. I cannot remember the exact price, but it was less than $20 per person. The price did not include the entrance fee to the fort. We shared a taxi van with another family. It was a very inexpensive way to see the fort and part of the Island.

• 3 weeks later...

Royston does great personalized hiking tours (rain forest and volcano) as well as beach/snorkeling and island tours. He is a very pleasant guy, easy going. You can read reviews about him and his tours at http://www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com/st-kitts-adventure-with-royston-tours.html. Also there is a review article called Up Liamuiga written by a guy from New Jersey at http://www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com/st-kitts-volcano-mount-liamuiga.html. Royston was the tour guide.

The Fun Bikes ATV tours are $65 for a single rider and $97.50 for double riders. They have contracts with some ships so you may not be able to book an independent tour if there is a contract with the ship you are sailing on. Otherwise it's okay. They recently changed their e-mail address so that may be the reason you have not been getting any response from the mails you sent. There is a form you can use to contact them at http://www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com/st-kitts-quad-bike-tour.html.

Archived