50% Off Land Discoveries in 2013

Please explain how you plan to address the concerns of customers who booked cruises for 2013 relying on Azamara’s promotional materials that the 50% of Land Discoveries Program would be in place for all of 2013? Please note that several posters on this board have indicated that they find the Azamara evening and/or the complimentary liquor an unappealing or unacceptable substitution.

Larry, thank you so much for taking our questions it does mean quite a bit.

I will chime in here as well, I did speak with Azamara before booking my 2013 cruise and was assured that the 50% discount would be in place and now I find it has been replaced with an evening tour for the whole ship which really does not interest me at all. I paid my deposit for my cruise with one of the expectations that the 50% shore ex would be in place to have it pulled after I was assured by Azamara that it would be in place is not right nor good business since you are releasing the the shore ex for the rest of 2013 sometimes this month how about giving us a grace period instead of just ending it the way it was.

I also feel the evening tour does sound good on paper but the idea of touring with a whole ship does not appeal to me at all and would pass on that.

I am looking forward to our 2013 cruise to Spain regardless by the way you are the only cruise line that does a whole Spain cruise thank you for listening

I've probably been more outraged than some that Azamara would withdraw the 50% discount on Land Discovery tours simply because I think honest, ethical, and moral people and businesses should keep their word about providing something offered. I'm one of those who booked a Sept. 2013 cruise months ago after relying upon information in your printed publications and on your website, in which Azamara agreed to offer the discount to it's passengers who sailed with them in 2013. It's that simple. It's not as though Azamara is at the edge of a fiscal cliff and must withdraw this benefit to those of us to whom it was promised in order to stay in business. If I don't cancel my cruise, I will be forced to pay Azamara more money to take the ship sponsored tours than I expected to pay. If I do cancel and take another cruise line, I'll possibly be paying more money that I would have if I had simply not been loyal to Azamara and booked with another line months ago. Either way, though no fault of us similarly situated, we will be forced to pay more for our European cruise simply because Azamara has chosen not to honor it's commitment to those of us under deposit before Oct. 1, 2012. I also wish to point out that although Azamara has reserved it's right to withdraw discounts, that decision should be applicable only to those passengers who have not booked prior to the date upon which notice was provided, Oct. 1, 2012, of this substantial change to the terms of our agreement. Like many other posters here, I seldom drink and I'm not enthusiastic about a single free evening tour (for which you will charge people who cancel after 10:00 pm the night before) at the expense of the Land Discovery Tour discount. What is your final decision on this, please?

Please explain the discounted price vs "brochure price" statement, as all brochures I have seen (and booked from) are what I have paid. Is there a brochure that has (heaven forbid) higher prices? The prices I see are from the destination guides and on-line.
Also, will choice air still be available w/discounts.
I love Azamara and "where you take us" - but I'm afraid the increase in pricing is going to severely limit or cancel "where you take us".
Looking forward to the June 10th Baltics cruise we have booked and hope all the changes are positive.

Archived