Thoughts on Land Discoveries

Larry,

It has been said that 50% LDS promotion is bring ended because it wasn't used by many customers. We used the promotion on our most recent cruise, spending many dollars for 10 excursions for each of us. It seemed that many other cruisers did the same, as all of our excursions had many participants. It seems to me that the program was as successful as possible, despite having the odds stacked against it. You may not be aware, but there have been many challenges in booking these excursions - excursions being added to the website at a late date, problems with pricing loaded on the website, unclear communication regarding whether particular prices shown were at 50% already or not, etc... With proper promotion and presentation, surely participation would have increased. I also think there is a
misperception regarding quality. Yes, it's subjective, but I would rate 8 of the 10 tours we took as at least very good.

I would welcome your thoughts.

I'm also concerned about statements made in the last few days that future excursions will not be priced at the 100% level. This only leads me to believe that prior 50% discounts weren't really that at all, and prices were raised to advertise a false 50% discount.

Doug

I would like to add to this & agree that if there has been a poor take-up of this promotion leading to cancelled excursions etc., this musty be partly due to the very inadequate promotion to those who had reservations for an upcoming cruise.

Although this was originally promoted online & in the brochure in order to attract our booking for our 2011 cruise. Once we had booked, we received no notifications, emails or mail reminding us that excursions were online for our voyage and that we should book 4 days in advance to obtain a 50% discount.

I do believe that if this offering (or something similar) was well promoted to existing reservations and handled properly by the online booking system it would be a very useful addition to the enhancements announced on 1 Oct.

Archived