Anytime Dining?

atdahop

Hi all,

Please help us to decide which way to go... My husband likes the traditional dining where you sit at the same table night after night with the same cruisers but he would like to try the anytime dining. Do you need to make reservations or can you just walk in when you feel like eating? Is the food that is served different in each restaurant? Are there long lines? Oh, this is for the Sapphire.

Thanks,

Carole

:) I really think that it's a matter of where you're sailing and the itinerary. We're doing the inside passage of Alaska on August lst and have selected "Personal choice" dining because of the port schedule and daylight going long into the night. We thought that it would give us greater freedom plus we have a balcony and that could be kind of fun for an evening especially on a "formal" night - we may not want to dress up.

You can either make reservations, or walk in when you feel like eating. We generally walk in and have never had to wait more that 15 to 20 minutes. I ahve seen some comments that Princess won't take reservations between about 6:15 and 8 (or something like that).

I was an the Diamond (sister ship to the Sapphire) in December, and each of the 4 personal choice/no charge dining rooms had different/limited menus that were the same every night. In addition, each of the 4 provided the main/traditional dining menu for that night.

Loved the Diamond, and am booked on the Sapphire for this August.

Personal Choice was our "personal choice" on our recent Island Princess Cruise. We had a very positve experience with it. In fact we only ate dinner in the Horizon Court once (after our 5th port of call and we just were two tired to get out of shorts) and once in the Bayou Cafe. We never made reservations, went down and different times, sometimes had a table for two, but we found we enjoyed sharing tables, and chatting with different people, more than our table for two nights! We waited two times and one was formal night when we went at 7pm! Never more that 10 minutes, and everyother time we were seated right away. The menu was the same as traditional. What I think you don't get by personal choice, is that dinner might take a little longer, and you don't get the baked alaska parade, or deserts prepared table side. If you have any questions I will be glad to answer.

Archived