Managing my booking via website issue: booking with minors

Hermione60

Hello,

I have booked 2 cabins on the Dec 23, 2012 Singapore to Singapore cruise. One cabin is for my SO and myself, one is for our sons, who will be, at the time of the cruise, 18 and 14. The 2 reservations are linked.

Now, I've had to do the initial booking on the phone, because one of the cabin doesn't have any over-21 in it - I understand perfectly why, it's no problem. But now, whenever I want to manage the bookings, I have to do it mostly by phone (from where I live, i.e. Switzerland, hence expensive), because the system doesn't recognize that this no over-21 issue is legit since the reservation is linked with ours! Every payment I made for that reservation has had to be made by phone. Fortunately, it has been possible to buy excursions for the 4 of us from our "adult" reservation, but now I can't make the online check-in for our son's reservation! This means I'll have to call again. I do think this is a website issue which needs to be addressed.

Of course, what makes this even more weird for us is that 18 is the age of majority for Swiss citizens (my son is one), and for many many US citizens too (48 states)...

Hello,

I have booked 2 cabins on the Dec 23, 2012 Singapore to Singapore cruise. One cabin is for my SO and myself, one is for our sons, who will be, at the time of the cruise, 18 and 14. The 2 reservations are linked.

Now, I've had to do the initial booking on the phone, because one of the cabin doesn't have any over-21 in it - I understand perfectly why, it's no problem. But now, whenever I want to manage the bookings, I have to do it mostly by phone (from where I live, i.e. Switzerland, hence expensive), because the system doesn't recognize that this no over-21 issue is legit since the reservation is linked with ours! Every payment I made for that reservation has had to be made by phone. Fortunately, it has been possible to buy excursions for the 4 of us from our "adult" reservation, but now I can't make the online check-in for our son's reservation! This means I'll have to call again. I do think this is a website issue which needs to be addressed.

Of course, what makes this even more weird for us is that 18 is the age of majority for Swiss citizens (my son is one), and for many many US citizens too (48 states)...

Hi Hermoine,

Sorry, this is a customer service issue. I recommend contacting your Travel Agent, or Azamara directly for assistance. Thank you.

Hi Hermoine,

On second thought, I've moved your question to the main Azamara Forum, in case other members or Bill can provide assistance. Thank You !

Archived