Paradise Point Questions

djny1077

Has anyone been to Paradise Point in St Thomas? I've been reading up about the sky ride. The views look amazing, although everyone says its expensive for what you get out of it. For me, those views are priceless... But anyway, I was just wondering how long the sky ride is, and about how long it would take if we went up, took a few pictures and came straight back. We have an excursion booked in the morning, and ship leaves at 5.

Any thoughts or advice are greatly appreciated! I'm a first time cruiser!

The skyride keeps evolving, so their policies are always subject to change.

BUT, when I was there a few weeks ago, I thought they offered a good deal if you had kids.

Your ticket was good for the day, and it included FREE ferris wheel and trampoline jumps. Oh, and the petting zoo, too.

It's a pretty short ride up the hill and the view us incredible. On Wed evenings they have a sunset party with live Caribbean band. That's always a good deal, IMO.

I would also highly recommend PP after your excursion. It's a great spot to relax with a cocktail (the Bailey's Bushwacker is their signature drink) and a bite to eat. And the view of the harbor is amazing. Definitely take the tram up, great ride and wonderful views. You can buy the tram tickets through your excursions desk and they are refundable if you don't use them. Price is $18pp if I remember correctly and maybe $19 - 2- at the tram. You can also taxi up if time is a concern. PP is our favorite spot to relax before returning to the ship or the hotel.

The skyride keeps evolving, so their policies are always subject to change.

BUT, when I was there a few weeks ago, I thought they offered a good deal if you had kids.

Your ticket was good for the day, and it included FREE ferris wheel and trampoline jumps. Oh, and the petting zoo, too.

It's a pretty short ride up the hill and the view us incredible. On Wed evenings they have a sunset party with live Caribbean band. That's always a good deal, IMO.

Is this still accurate? Thinking of doing PP when we are in St. Thomas in a couple of weeks, and our party will have 4 kids ages 3-10 with us. This sounds like it would be fun for them!

Last time I was in St. Thomas I took the tram to Paradise Point after another excursion (sightseeing & Magen's Bay). We had plenty of time to do both. And I thought it was well worth the $18 per person to enjoy the views as other posters had mentioned.

There is one restaurant there (open-aip) serving typical pub food and drink. From what I remember the prices are comparable to those at the pubs and bars in Red Hook and elsewhere. Definitely not a reason not to go. Their signature drink is the Bailey's Bushwacker.

It's nothing fancy, just our favorite spot fron high above to have a drink and enjoy the view. If you're more interested in a beach bar on the return from the East Ensd llook at Iggie's at Bolongo Bay. But PP is a better choice during the afternoon.

Archived