IE 2013 useful info "3" plus some nonsense.

Rebel Rouser

Been following the price difference for the Alleged sailing of the Island Escape next July 2013 for 2 weeks same dates flights (airport) etc ...what a difference in prices.

08/12/12 = £3068

10/1212 = £3122

12/12/12/ = £2942

19/12/12 = £3220

When I booked now unbooked 2 months back it was a lot less than that :confused:

:eek:

Today it's down to £2782 only deck 3 or 4 left :eek:

Still not under cut my price yet :p

It's got a long way to go before we'll think about booking it!!! We booked about 8 weeks before this year and paid 1600 for the two of us for two weeks outside Deck 6...BUT of course this year its All Inclusive so that'll be a bit extra.

I have noticed the Thomson website is playing up and its not putting the correct supplement when you choose a better cabin...I gave up yesterday! :confused:

Today it's down to £2782 only deck 3 or 4 left :eek:

Still not under cut my price yet :p

See what you mean about price cuts RR... My Thomson Dream cruise on 26th April dropped £45 per person, but the Island Escape alternative on the 23rd has seen its headline price of £770 for inside 5/6 go down to £638 pp in one go. Had I booked a one week cruise for two at the old price one day & seen it go down by £264 by the next I would have been a little peeved.

I know it's off season in April, but if you take off air fares, transfers & the All Inclusive, they must be getting close to a free cruise... The bit I don't get is so far there has been no advertising of any special sales, what's the point of bargain cruises if you don't tell anyone? :confused:

Well as it's the last day of the year.

I and Mrs rebel Rouser would like to wish all those that are sailing in 2013 a fantastic year and those that are not sailing an equally fantastic new year.

Raising a glass tonight to each of you all. Have a good one all.

For those we have met personally on the good ship..see you soon I hope.

RR

and a Happy New Year to you and Mrs RR from us both.!!:)

Still no cruise booked although have been looking at IE repositioning from Cyprus to Palma...looks good itinerary but its mid March so wondering how the weather will be....we did go on Thomson Spirit from Limassol 8 March one year and that was nice and warm so we make take a gamble....watch this space!!:)

Still grey and very wet down here with awful gales last night...fed up with it!!!:mad:

For those of you who sail often on the Island Escape, we loved her when she was the Viking Serenade sailing out of Los Angeles. We sailed on 51 voyages and she was our weekend getaway and she is truly missed.

We would love to see what Island Cruises has done to change her but we have been told there are not any Americans onboard and that everything is catered to Europeans.

Can you please tell me if you think Americans would feel out of place or would we enjoy the experience.

Thank you.

First two weeks in July 2468 from Exeter basic inside cabin today ....so looks like its coming down a bit....interesting what you say about inside cabin....we've only had one once and weren't really bothered that much so wouldn't mind doing that again for a shortish cruise.

Several people we've met who have done world cruises have done them in an inside cabin ...more money to spend on other things then !:)

RR - someone's asking a question on the Thomson Cruise Facebook site about the Island Escape AI - are you able to pop over & answer please? :confused: ;)

I'm not sure anyone can really answer that until she starts sailing this year, I would expect there to have been some changes over the winter.

Ok...way off topic I know :D

For those that are twitter users, I have been following @Cmdr_Hadfield and the guy is sending pictures from space :thumbs:

The picture is the heel of Italy

Pictures are brilliant ..nearly as good as mine from the plane on holiday :o:

BAB1H-pCcAE1sZO_zps1fc39def.jpg