Costa and ice water with dinner.

zijlweg

The industry's next step is to figure out how to charge for air (there're working on it). I'm pretty sure if lifeboats weren't mandatory, they'd get rid of them - they take up valuable, potential revenue-generating space -and replace them with balcony staterooms.

The industry's next step is to figure out how to charge for air (there're working on it). I'm pretty sure if lifeboats weren't mandatory, they'd get rid of them - they take up valuable, potential revenue-generating space -and replace them with balcony staterooms.

Or they may levy a service charge for use "just in case" - but it gets added on at the end of your cruise :eek:

Just got of Atlantica, we had the all inclusive drinks package, had large bottled water on our table at dinner, 1 fizz, 1 still, (waiting for us after the first day), and if we wanted, smaller bottles to take off the ship for the day trips we did on our own. In fact we could have had coke, fanta,.....anything to take off, but we took water.

People on the next few tables weren't all inclusive and got jugs of ice water on the tables when they asked for it. Water from the taps tasted fine to us, was clear, and the ice cubes in our drinks were crystal clear.

Had a great time.

Just got of Atlantica, we had the all inclusive drinks package, had large bottled water on our table at dinner, 1 fizz, 1 still, (waiting for us after the first day), and if we wanted, smaller bottles to take off the ship for the day trips we did on our own. In fact we could have had coke, fanta,.....anything to take off, but we took water.

People on the next few tables weren't all inclusive and got jugs of ice water on the tables when they asked for it. Water from the taps tasted fine to us, was clear, and the ice cubes in our drinks were crystal clear.

Had a great time.

hi Malnik, my faith in Costa has gone up. thank you for giving this feedback, we're on Atlantica in April and initially were concerned with the brand Costa but couldn't resist the itinerary so booked. so it's jugs of water on the table for us .Thank You !

just received a response from Costa in Italy following my question whether the tap water onboard Costa Atlantica was ok to drink. this is their response .....

The onboard water meets the drinking water parameters in force with the law *(D.L on February 2, 2011, No. 31 completed with D.L. on 2 February 202, No. 27.)

Further our company direction expects at least 2 times yearly some specific controls for checking quality and drinkable parameters.

These test are carried out by experts of external laboratories.

I hope this helps with your enquiry, however, should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to let us know. ends

well now we know it's safety drink !!

We were on the Costa Classica 3 - 10 November and were refused a jug of iced water in the dining room. Because we had asked about this, our table were given complimentary coffee after dinner each evening - to be honest, I would have preferred the water.

Seems from recent postings that the supply of jugs of water varies from ship to ship - how strange !!!!!

As much as we worried about the availability of water, our current monthlong Asia cruise on the Costa Victoria has presented no problems in the dining room. We get glasses of water plus a pitcher of ice tea each time. If we run out, they'll bring more.

Ice water is also available at the buffet. Except that the machine spitting out ice and water is temperamental.

However, here's a caution: My wife wanted tea and orange juice at breakfast. We were sitting under the huge canopy in the aft and she asked a waiter who was clearing tables. Turned out that if he performed that duty, he would have charged for that. Price unknown because I stopped my wife's wasteful ways and went to get those drinks myself.

Been caught with that one -what the waiter was refering to was: FRESH ORANGE JUICE........which you have to pay for - at around $8.00. If you have the soda package - fresh orange juice is included in that package - (say around $4.00) .................go figure!!!! The juices available from the machines are not 100% fruit juice - and are included with breakfast. (currency used as an example only - it was Euro's at the time) either way - it wasn't cheap

Refitting the INDEPENDENCE in 1994 American Hawaii Cruises/American Classic Voyages removed nearly ALL of her lifeboats arguing that she was always near a port in Hawaii and thus needed no boats. All she was no longer allowed to do was carry passengers to or from the mainland as she had done sometimes in earlier years. There are other ships whose boatage is questionable.

But ultimately you are SO right!

Just got home from the Pacifica last night. Did not have the AI package as it would have been like 660 Euro (11 days)for the family of four. As for water availability and quality - everything was just fine. We had a carafe of ice water on our table every night and it always tasted fine. There was ice & water available in the buffet all the time, so the kids took their water bottles, added some Crustal Light we brought and had at it.

Last month on the Luminosa our MDR waiter brought us a jug of free ice water every evening. Just had to ask him the first night and after that it was always present on the table when we arrived. The same was true last year on the Atlantica.

Chuck, what happened to the threads predicting Costa was going down after the tragedy? How did the water taste? I've been away for awhile doing land tours. Riding elephants and charming cobras in Thailand, etc.

Cans of soft drinks around €3 a piece, mocktails around €7 a piece...the AI is €19.50 a day per person, so that is less than 3 mocktails a day or 7 cans of soft drinks per day...

I have got some questions about the AI package:

Are the cans served open or can you take them everywhere and open them yourself?

Same with sparkling water bottles, when you order them in a bar, do they open it and take the lid away?

And is the Lavazza coffee (Espresso, Cappuccino etc.) in the main dining room after dinner also included or only in the bars?

And at breakfast in the buffet restaurant, can you order Lavazza coffee for free? Or only in the main dining room?

Sorry, if it already has been written here, but I cannot find it in the search.

I have got some questions about the AI package:

Are the cans served open or can you take them everywhere and open them yourself?

Same with sparkling water bottles, when you order them in a bar, do they open it and take the lid away?

And is the Lavazza coffee (Espresso, Cappuccino etc.) in the main dining room after dinner also included or only in the bars?

And at breakfast in the buffet restaurant, can you order Lavazza coffee for free? Or only in the main dining room?

Sorry, if it already has been written here, but I cannot find it in the search.

i was served full cans and bottles, which i took with me. i don't know about the dining room, since i only ate there once.

I have tried it.

Dirty water was in the drinking fountain in the gym on one of the newest Costa ships!

They closed the buffet soon after but God knows how many people happened to use the fountain by that time...

I did not notice that right away in the gym.

But on the sunny open deck...OMG!

2z7hqah.jpg

Thank you to the OP for posting this thread and the responding posters. I was considering Costa in spite of the recent problems but after seeing this thread, forget it. :eek:

Just got home from Costa Magica. They served us ice water every evening, we did not even have to ask for refills, they just came by with jugs all the time. That water and the water from the buffet stations was perfectly alright, the water in the cabins tastes awful. It did not make us unwell or anything, it is fine to brush your teeth with but just not for drinking.

If you do not fancy an all-inclusive package, they also have wine-and-water packages of different prices and sizes. We did the 7 bottles of mineral water, 3 red and 3 white wine package for EUR 119 and that was just fine. Wine was very good quality, and we got served so much ice water that we had trouble finishing the 7 bottles of mineral water....

Archived