Anyone on the Ruby recently?

stillabrownsfan

We are scheduled for our cruise on the Ruby on January 27, 2013. In the past, I have arranged ahead of time for distilled water for our CPAPs, and egg crates. On an older thread, it was mentioned that the egg crates might no longer be needed because the mattresses were getting "pillow top" upgrades. If anyone as cruised recently on the Ruby, can you tell me if the switch has been made yet? We will be in C430. Thanks for all the wonderful info from all of you helpful people :)

If you have requested distiled water on a pervious cruise it should be on your cruise persoalizer information.If not just give princess a call and thay will let you know who to contact so it is waiting in your cabin when you board. Also it is a good idea to take extention cord to be able to plug in your machine. if both need one then an extra extion cord might be a good idea. Hope you have a great cruise. The Ruby Princess is a beautuful ship.

There is a spot now on the Personalizer to request Distilled Water. It was in our cabin when we arrived. If not, just remind your Cabin Attendant and it will be there pronto.:)

You may want to order the eggcrates. Can always give them back if you find the bed ok.:) I did find it slightly hard, but didn't need the eggcrate.

Bringing an extension cord(s) per juniper berries is a good idea.:)

Enjoy your cruise.:D

We were in a balcony room on the Baja deck September 27-Oct.9, and our bed had no pillow top mattress. We considered asking for an egg crate topper, but we had so many busy port days, that we could have slept on almost anything! Actually, we just got used to the bed as the cruise progressed.

We were in a balcony room on the Baja deck September 27-Oct.9, and our bed had no pillow top mattress. We considered asking for an egg crate topper, but we had so many busy port days, that we could have slept on almost anything! Actually, we just got used to the bed as the cruise progressed.

Do you recall who the cruise director was on your cruise?

To the OP, I've read mixed reports from all that ships that some people got toppers and some didn't. If you think you'll need one you should request it. If there isn't one there when you get on the ship ask the steward for one right away. I bring my own now because the beds are too hard for me. I'll be on the Ruby the week before you.

Samantha Hawker-Thomas was our cruise director. This was the second time that we had cruised with her. She was more personable and entertaining than a couple of years ago. We enjoyed her a lot.

I'm not sure, but I think I read or heard that she was changing ships either after our cruise or after the Trans-Atlantic cruise.

Archived