Good beach area near Westin or Ritz Carlton (our lunch spot) ?

w@ntonsoup

We're going to eat lunch at the Sunshine Grill after doing the morning stingray city deal, so we're wondering if there's a good place to camp out on the beach nearby? On the map it looks like the restaurant is near the Westin and the Ritz Carlton. We'll have an 18-month old with us if that helps with advice. We just want a place with chairs, hopefully some shade like umbrellas, and a bar to get some refreshments.

Any advice? Thanks.

After your stingray tour I think you should call it a day and head back to the ship.That tour is a lot of sun and water for a toddler. You did ask for advise.;)

I certainly did! :p

Well, given that 4 of the 7 days she'll be dry as a bone (ship doesn't allow babies in the water), and that this is a tendered port, we'll want to hit the beach again later in the day. The baby will likely stay on the boat most of the stingray trip so she'll be in the shade and dry for most of that excursion. Plus, GC has the best beaches and water I've ever been to so we definitely will be going back after lunch for an hour or two.

We stopped there for lunch last month while staying at the Marriott. I had the kitchen sink burger and it was great. My wife had always wanted to try the fish tacos and she loved them. Nothin like a cold Red Stripe and a great sandwich. And yes, the beaches on GCM are beautiful. Next visit consider driving to Rum Point and hangin there, beautiful beach with less people and great restaurant and bar.

Have a great day, and say hey to Frisbee for us!:p

Archived