Miami hotels close to pier?

My fiance and I are getting married aboard the Carnival Victory next January and are currently researching Miami hotels that are close to the pier.

We're travelling with a group and would like to keep costs low. Can anyone recommend a good hotel that won't cost our friends and family too much?

There are several. I stayed at the Marina Inn. It was very nice. Right across from Bayside Market Place to pick up anything you forgot or to have a dinner by the boats. You can ask for a higher up room with a view of the docks and watch your ship come in. The HoJo is not recommended on these boards unless you want real cheap, one night only. There is a Hyatte near by too as well as some other hotels.

You can also use price line for the Hyatte, I do not know what it is going for now but one person got it for about $50.00.

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

Be aware. The downtown/beach hotels DO NOT have shuttle service from the airport or to the cruise port. Cab MIA to downtown was $20 + tip and hotel to pier was about $7 + tip back in 11/02.They also charge a daily parking fee if you have a car, frequently,$10/day and more. The airport hotels usually offer free shuttle service, are cheaper on weekends and do not charge for parking.

Holly

M/S Boheme 11/69

Rhapsody 2/77?

Azure Sea 3/89

Panama Canal 11/90

Mexican Riviera 3/98

Carnival Triumph 12/99

Carnival Spirit 12/01

NCL Dream 11/17/02

Celebrity Mercury 6/1/03

carnival Victory 3/28/04

I agree with Holly- the cheapest way is to book a hotel at the airport using www.biddingfortravel.com (I got the wyndam for 38 bucks)

or use the same site to bid for downtown miami and pay the 20 bucks cab far to the hotel. Kids got the Hyatt for the same 38 bucks for 4 in a room.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Archived