Uniworld River Cruises - River Ambassador

willbrook

I am considering our first river cruise next year. Uniworld offers an itinerary (Basel to Vienna) that interest us. There are only two decks with passenger cabins on the "River Ambassador" - the "Rhine" deck and the "Moselle" deck. All of the cabins on the "Moselle" deck, with the exception of the four closest to the stern (128-131) and the four closest to the bow (101-104) are considered "Category 2". The eight cabins I have specified are considered "Category 3". The Uniworld brochure reveals no difference in cabin layout/window design between the two categories - yet there is a significant price difference.

I'm hopeful that someone on this board has some experience on board the River Ambassador, and can shed some light on this for me. Thanks. Willbrook

I see no one has answered your question. The top passenger deck on any ship, combined with mid-ship is considered a more desirable location. Of course everyone has their own personal favorites. And yes cabins are likely identical only the location is different.

Hope this helps and hope someone with experience on this ship stops by to give you addional info.

My wife and I have sailed on the River Ambassador twice. Once before and once after the remodelling.

The cabins are the same except for the four center cabins on the top deck which are called suites and are larger. As I recall, the top deck has sliding doors/windows which open to a french balcony.

The bottom deck has smaller windows which do not open. The only reason that I can think why the forward and rear most cabins are less expensive is that they are closer to the engines and bow thrusters - just a guess. I never heard anyone in any of those cabins complain about the noise.

The Uniworld website would absolutely spell out whether the cabins have "French Balcony" or just a "Fixed Window"... That is a very easy thing to check on.

Just checked the Uniworld website and the Cat.1 cabin is on the top level and has a "French Balcony" and is identical in every way to the Cat.2 & 3 cabins on the lower level EXCEPT those cabins have fixed windows that are much smaller than the window size on the upper level. If you look at the pictures of the ship you can see the large "French Balcony" windows on the upper level and directly below you can see the small windows of the cabins on the lower level.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the helpful responses to my inquiry. I have a Uniworld brochure, and have also visited the company's website. I too suspect that the less expensive cabins on the "Moselle" deck relate to the proximity of the engines and bow thrusters. Willbrook

Archived