Silver Moon vs. on own own

AugustHoneymoonCruiser

With the Silver Moon being an "all day event", will we be missing anything that is a MUST SEE on the island or will this daysail take care of the beauty and activities the island holds. I'm close to going with this tour, but want to weigh all options this being a honeymoon and all....You only do it once!!!!

Adam

With the Silver Moon being an "all day event", will we be missing anything that is a MUST SEE on the island or will this daysail take care of the beauty and activities the island holds. I'm close to going with this tour, but want to weigh all options this being a honeymoon and all....You only do it once!!!!

Adam

Tough call. I would say go with Silver Moon. Its really a great excursion. I think it would be perfect for honeymooners.

SC is right....It's a tough call.

Here's what you will miss:

Andromeda Gardens

Farley Hill

Gun Hill Signal Station

Harrison's Cave

Welchman Hall Gulley

Mt. Gay Rum tour

St. Nicholas Abbey

Sunbury Plantation House

Flower Forest

Orchid World

Animal Flower Cave

Francia Plantation House

Wildlife Reserve

National Heroe's Square

Queen's Park / Heritage Park

Crane Beach

Sam Lord's Castle

Our beautiful east coast

Our wonderful west coast beaches

And more (I just can't think of them at the moment)

To perhaps ease your decision, this is what I tell our short-stay visitors: Just pick one or two things to see and save the rest for next time.

If you stayed on the island for 4 days, you probably wouldn't have seen it all.

Relax and enjoy, don't rush to get it all done in a day. The Silver Moon sounds like just the ticket for newlyweds. Maybe if there's time, take a short taxi tour.

If you fall in love with the island as we did, you'll be back. :)

Best Wishes to you, my friend.

We are coming their next week and are having troubles finding a half day tour taking us where we want to go. We want time to walk so we can explore on our own and shop. Will we be able to find a taxi to take us on a tour at the pier? What would be the going rate we should pay? Of all the fabulous places that you listed what would be the *to not miss because it is unique to Barbados?* Thank you!!!!

Adam, I feel this excursion would be wonderful to include in your honeymoon trip, without doing anything else while in Barbados. It is certainly an excursion where you will be treated very well! It would be a shame to pass on it in order to do more, as this is one of those really special excursions that you both will remember for a long time.

Archived