ncl whale watching excursion confusion

the4ofusandallourfriends

Ncl excursion has 3 whalewatching excursions.

"Whale watching by jet boat". 3 hours

"Whale watching & wildlife quest" 4 hours

"Mendenhall glacier & wildlife quest" 5 hours

all guarantee whale sightings...

I'm interested in the Mendenhall glacier one.....

my question is does anyone know the difference between the wildlife quest and the whale watching?

I've got my 2004 shore excursion brochure, but it doesn't give much information as to what the difference is between the whale watching and the whale watching/wildlife quest is. Mainly the time -- maybe different location?? The wildlife quest one says it goes through Stephen's Passage.

The description for the Mendenhall glacier one looks like it just adds a trip to Mendenhall glacier onto the same description as the one for the wildlife quest.

We went on the Carnival Spirit in July of 2001 and did the Mendenhall Glacier and Wildlife Quest excursion through the cruise line. We were at the glacier around 1 1/2 hours which gave us plenty of time to tour the visitors center and take all the pictures we wanted. We then went to Auke Bay for the whale watching. I think it was with Allen Marine. We were on the boat 2-2 1/2 hours. We saw several humpbacks, (no orcas), eagles, stellar sea lions and harbor seals. ( I think that's what the last two were; I get them confused.) It was a very good excursion and I would certainly recommend it. Having said that, we are going back in June and are going with Captain Larry this time. We are not going to the glacier this time, because in my opinion the glaciers you see from the ship are more spectacular. But if you've never seen the Mendenhall Glacier, I say do this excursion.

Archived