Sapphire princess Balcony Question

atdahop

If we booked a mini suite on the Dolphin Deck, would the guests on the balconies on the Caribe Deck above us be able to look down on us. Is the entire balcony on the Dolphin Deck uncovered?

Thanks

Sorry for my ignorance, but I am looking at booking my first balcony. I have been reading threads about the covered, partially covered and not covered balcony options. My question is with respect to a fully covered or partially covered balcony, does the fact it is covered result in more shade than sun most of the time?

Glad to have a break from the sun, but don't realy want a mostly shady sitting area either. Thanks.

Yes you can get a lot of shade with a covered balcony and it all depends on which way the ship is headed. We just got off the Diamond with an uncovered mini suite on the Dolphin deck and have had numerous covered and uncovered balconies. It is a toss up.

Mini is larger with a sitting area furnished with a chair and a couch which is also a double bed. The bathroom is much larger and has a bathtub shower combo. The balcony is uncovered but larger and has better furnishings. All very comfortable on a longer cruise.

minis are WAY better. ;) I don't like the 'uncovered' balcony on the Dolphin though. If you're going to Alaska on her, then it would be very smooth if you were going Southbound Voyage of the Glaciers so try an AD Mini at the aft of the Emerald deck. Same bigger cabin, covered balcony. Fabu!!!

I'm not crazy with the uncovered balcony either but we are going to do the Mexican cruise in December so it probably won't be too hot. What is the alternative other than the smaller balcony cabin with a covered balcony? no chance for any aft cabins as of now

Archived