Jade on Explorer?

We just booked the Explorer of the Seas for June 5, 2005.

My husband loves Asian food.

For all of you who has been on the Explorer, Is there a Jade's on the ship, if not, will there be asian dishes served at the regular buffet.

Thanks in advance

There wasn't when we sailed in November of 2005. They did have a few sushi options at the buffet but they were mostly of the califonia roll type and I didn't find them all that great. Otherwise I didn't see a lot of asian options during our cruise but, I wasn't really looking for them either.

Thank you for replying so quickly. Oh boy, I don't know how I'm going to tell hubby. We went on the Carnival Spirit and they had different food stations one just happen to be Asian.

My husband is such a picky eater. Hopefully there will be a lot more selections and he won't even notice the absence.

Again thanks

i'm on the same ship! Dissappointed that there won't be a sushi bar, but oh, well- what can we do? :)

Are there any other ships that do offer a real sushi bar?

10 days and counting!

If you want a real sushi bar you need to be on a Celebrity ship, as there are none on RCCL. On RCCL they may have sushi at the Windjammer at dinner time, but it is horrible. The tuna rolls are made with canned tuna and the salmon rolls are made with smoked salmon as they don't want to use fresh fish. Really strange when you consider that RCCL and Celebrity are the same company.

Archived