Has Anyone Had A Birthday Party With Ncl?

embradley

Im cruising in March '06 and it is our family of 11. There will be a birthday during the cruise for a 2 year old and I saw on the NCL website that you can buy a birthday setup for $30. Has anyone done this and is it worth the money? What all do you get? Thanks!

EMBRADLEY,

I JUST CELEBRATED MY BIRTHDAY TODAY AND I WILL BE SAILING ON THE N. CROWN ON 5/29 OUT OF NYC TO BERMUDA.

YOU CAN BRING YOUR OWN DECORATIONS AND DECORATE YOUR CABIN! UNLESS THEY ARE GIVING YOU MORE THAN DECORATIONS I DON'T THINK IT WORTH THE MONEY! YOU CAN ALWAYS DECORATE THE CABIN AT NIGHT AND WHEN YOUR CHILD WAKES UP HE/SHE WILL BE VERY SURPRISED!

MARAPRINCE 36_22_9.gif

Im cruising in March '06 and it is our family of 11. There will be a birthday during the cruise for a 2 year old and I saw on the NCL website that you can buy a birthday setup for $30. Has anyone done this and is it worth the money? What all do you get? Thanks!

The $30 b-day package includes the cabin decor- balloons, streamers, confetti & a b-day cake...

Here are some links to pics (courtesy of Debjo)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/348987162/348997688OnInHa[/url]

http://image12.webshots.com/13/9/68/35/348996835luTpNz_ph.jpg

I was on the 12/30/04 DAWN and when the room stewards found out my birthday was the next day they surprised me with a totally decorated room-with banners and balloons-a lovely cake and a birthday card from the Captain-totally unexpected and very much appreciated!

For embradley...

I JUST POSTED ON ANOTHER THREAD..."Have a birthday or anniversary to celebrate on your cruise?...When you make your reservation be sure to let NCL know about the "special occasion" you are celebrating on your cruise...and you'll receive a card in your cabin that you can present in the restaurant of your choice on the day that you choose...the "surprise" that you'll receive will be a cake for two (four if you stretch it) and the appropriate "seranade" from some of the waitstaff (and possibly the matri d'). And the best part is...there is "no additional charge" and you don't have to purchase a "Special Occasion Package"."

If you purchase the Birthday Package from NCL...it includes a huge cake (enough for a group of six), balloons, 3-D honeycombed streamers, confetti in a bag, Happy Birthday sign, and Happy Birthday banner. The cabin was all decorated prior to our arrival...it made for a "festive" first cabin view when we opened the door coupled with the bright colors of the soft furnishings in the cabin. While I'm not sure how your two year old will appreciate the decorations at such a young age, the decorations brought a smile to our adult faces each time we entered our cabin. A word of warning...we left the decorations up all during our 7 day cruise. Toward the end of the cruise the balloons taped to the ceiling began to "pop" one at a time. I was thankful that none of them decided to do their "popping" while we were asleep...it would have scared us awake! I know how scared little ones get when a balloon pops...so you might want to keep this in mind if you order the "package". I don't know why the balloons popped unless it had something to do with the changes in air pressure as we traveled.

Another note: We never opened the confetti bag. It wouldn't be environmentally proper to toss the confetti off the balcony and we didn't feel comfortable throwing it around the cabin either, which would have caused a lot more work for the wonderful stewards to clean up. That's just our opinion about the confetti. Apart from that, we brought all the decorations home with us to be used again!

Not having children of our own, I wonder if the Kid's Club on the DAWN does anything special for the little ones birthdays? Perhaps another knowledgable Cruise Critic member can address this one for you!

And for niya305...

Thanks for the reference back to my pictures...

I've "attached" a few more below...

And for swoosh2005...

What a wonderful thing for your cabin stewards to do...even a birthday card from the Captain...that had to make you feel VERY SPECIAL!

Debjo

1037795129_2005DAWNCabinBdayDecoHPIM2021.JPG.ff257fca615fc838d211d6d1758bdefa.JPG

8329219_2005DAWNCabinBdayDecoHPIM2027.JPG.c29e75c8f4b17b292b1a9a011b193ba1.JPG

1768888342_2005DAWNCabinBdayDecoHPIM2092.JPG.e5f75c2cac3eb62f3fe9c345f135a151.JPG

1712300882_2005DAWNCabinBdayDecoHPIM2093.JPG.1ee01795c0927a6d12b77e73e36d789f.JPG

And for swoosh2005...

What a wonderful thing for your cabin stewards to do...even a birthday card from the Captain...that had to make you feel VERY SPECIAL!

Debjo

The BEST thing about the cruises we've been on has been the wonderful service from the crew!

I'll have to be sure and mention this to our room steward. Our daughter is celebrating a very special birthday on board. Her 13th. Also, her little cousin is turning 3, so that's a milestone, too. Did your steward do this complimentary? How sweet! :)

I was on the 12/30/04 DAWN and when the room stewards found out my birthday was the next day they surprised me with a totally decorated room-with banners and balloons-a lovely cake and a birthday card from the Captain-totally unexpected and very much appreciated!

I got the $30 birthday package for my wife, and the cabin steward actually decorated with the confetti all over the floor in the entire suite, and on the bedspread too! It actually was very pretty made the room very festive. I think he left it for maybe 3 or 4 days before he vacuumed it up, of course, we were finding confetti everywhere until the end of the cruise. Our balloons also did pop, I couldn't figure out why, except that they appeared to maybe be dried out? My 21 month old son slept right through popping balloons.

Oh, and my son loved the decorations and the confetti. I had fears he would eat the confetti, but it he was fine. It would been hard for me to decorate the cabin and surprise her, so it was worth the $30 to me, and my wife really enjoyed the decorations for the remander of our 10 day cruise.

I'll have to be sure and mention this to our room steward. Our daughter is celebrating a very special birthday on board. Her 13th. Also, her little cousin is turning 3, so that's a milestone, too. Did your steward do this complimentary? How sweet! :)

It was done out of the goodness of their hearts!

A total surprise to me-actually it's the only photo I have of me from the entire cruise as I'm the photographer-I'll try to find it and put it on here.

you can get the set up for the room to be decorated. also order a cake to be presented at the dinner table. I also brought my own decoration for the dinner table. waiters sing happy birthday (or whatever the occasion is) and gifts were given by our party.

I had this done for my son when he graduated JHS.

on another cruise my daughter surprised us with the set up and celebration for our 25th anniversay.

Archived