Celebrity Solstice Honolulu to Sydney Oct 4, 2013

rlo4934

Hi, Stan & I are booked on this, bring the Solstice over from Esenada.

A female couple is joining us for the Honolulu / Sydney sail.

The day after we arrive in Sydney, we board RCI Radiance to sail across the top to Perth & then on to New Zealand, and back to Sydney ( a btbtbtb )

ron

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My buddy Stephen from Vancouver, BC and I are on this and the next cruise.

We got back from Australia and the Solstice two weeks ago after visiting New Zealand and Australia. Auckland and Sydney are great ports, and the Solstice docks right in the middle of all the action. This should be a great cruise, which is why it is sold-out.

Greg

My buddy Stephen from Vancouver, BC and I are on this and the next cruise.

We got back from Australia and the Solstice two weeks ago after visiting New Zealand and Australia. Auckland and Sydney are great ports, and the Solstice docks right in the middle of all the action. This should be a great cruise, which is why it is sold-out.

Greg

Would you mind answering some port questions.? When we hit Sydney, we are boarding the Radiance the next day for a btb around Australia & NZ. Not sure what to do in certain ports, thanks, ron

Cirman52,

We should be docked right across from the Opera House, with the ferries between the ship and opera house. You can take a tour of the opera house, or hop on a ferry and visit the zoo or the beach town or Manly. The great botanical gardens is beside the opera house and definitely within walking distance. The Rocks area of Sydney is right outside the ship. The bridge is close. You have way many more options than time permits.

I will bring along some brochures I picked up in Auckland and Sydney to show you what is available.

DenvCruiser,

Is there a hotel in Sydney you can recommend that is near all the action and sights? My partner and I are staying a couple days in Sydney before flying home.

Thanks!

Rick and Joe

Rio4934,

The Hyatt is in an incredible location, with prices to match. I would choose one close to Circular Quay, since a lot of the transportation is located around there.

We were on the Solstice for the two days we were in Sydney and didn't need a hotel.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Irene and I are traveling both segments and then two segments on RC Radiance of the seas with two guy friends.

Ports sound great.

Destiny- 1999

Glory- Port Canaveral 2005

Legend-TPA 2005

Inspiration- Port Canaveral 2009

Fantasy- Jan, 2005 “

Celeabration 2006

Legend-TPA 9/25/2011

Carnival Sensation 5/9/2010

MSC Lrica Panamma

NCL Sun –Baltic Capitols May 2011

Diamond Princess Alaska May 2007

Ruby Princess Oct 2011 Trans Atlantic

Renaissance- Black Sea 2001

Renaissance- Spain and Portugal 2002

Olivia ship that sunk 2000

Olivia Holland America 2010

Sovereign of the Seas 2008

Carnival Ledgend Jan 6-13 Port of TPA

Celebrity Galaxy Jan/'09 San Juan

Celibrity Constellation 5/5-5/20 Trans Atlantic- Miami

• 1 month later...

We have a quote for a group rate if we can get 10 persons

Travel/medical insurance

No age restriction..cost. about $107. For 30 days from oct 4. ...return can be different dates. Covers trip cost of..$2000. Trip interruption..emergency medical $50000. Evacuation $250,000. Baggage, etc if any one is interested please email. Rini47@hotmail.com

Rito and I just took the Solstice from Sydney to Honolulu. That cruise didn't go to New Zealand like ours will (New Caledonia instead). But we had Bora Bora, Moorea and Tahiti, as well as Lahaina of course.

As others have mentioned, the ship docks at the Overseas Passenger Terminal (OPT) in Sydney. I would venture to guess that this makes the ship the closest accomodations to the Sydney Opera House when it's there. If you look at Google maps, and look for the OPT, you'll get an idea.

The NSW public transport sells passes called "my multi" which can be purchased for various lengths of time. they cover the trains, light rail, buses and the ferries. It's a bargain, because the ferris are like tourist excursions, everywhere you go there are sights to see.

We are SCUBA divers, and will be diving again French Polynesia. If anyone else is, I've got the info for the dive shop there. You can email me at:

motorlessons@hotmail.com

Harris

Denver, CO

• 3 weeks later...

Richie and I will be on this cruise and we can't wait. We'll then be spending 10 days in Australia checking off some of our bucket list. Snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef, holding a Koala and feeding a Kangaroo.

Will there be any Mah Jong players on board?? Prisg17

• 2 weeks later...
Richie and I will be on this cruise and we can't wait. We'll then be spending 10 days in Australia checking off some of our bucket list. Snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef, holding a Koala and feeding a Kangaroo.

Will there be any Mah Jong players on board?? Prisg17

Welcome, we are on this, bring her from Ensenada. Looking forward to the cruise !

• 1 month later...

Archived