Celebrity Reflection - Nov 1, 2013

Schplinky

A quick post to say hello and confirm we will be on this cruise.

We are from Paris, France. We will just do the transatlantic, nothing before, nothing after, just work :-(

I'm sure it's gonna be a great time with you all !

Chow-Chi and Jean-Philippe

You should let me know the dates and maybe I can come down for the day. It's only a 2 hour drive for me.

Sent from my Samsung Note II on the T-Mobile LTE 4G network using Tapatalk Beta 4

We're there the week that includes Canada Day and July 4.

A quick post to say hello and confirm we will be on this cruise.

We are from Paris, France. We will just do the transatlantic, nothing before, nothing after, just work :-(

I'm sure it's gonna be a great time with you all !

Chow-Chi and Jean-Philippe

Welcome aboard. Bienvenue a bord!

Hi. I thought I had already posted on this thread, but I cannot find it. I guess I am getting old. Herbert and Uwe from Munich, Germany, addicted to transatlantics and to Aqua Class.

See you all there.

Hi Herbert and Uwe

You did post before (post #45), but glad you stopped by to say hello again. Several people on this board have been quiet, but I imagine it will pick up as we get closer to the cruise.

Walter

Sent from my Samsung Note II on the T-Mobile LTE 4G network using Tapatalk Beta 4

Hi. I thought I had already posted on this thread, but I cannot find it. I guess I am getting old. Herbert and Uwe from Munich, Germany, addicted to transatlantics and to Aqua Class.

See you all there.

You did post before, but welcome back (I remember because we have a friend in Bayern named Uwe). And welcome to Chow-Chi and Jean-Philippe. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Hi Herbert and Uwe

You did post before (post #45), but glad you stopped by to say hello again. Several people on this board have been quiet, but I imagine it will pick up as we get closer to the cruise.

Walter

Walter! Now don't go and get quiet! I look forward to your posts :)

Walter! Now don't go and get quiet! I look forward to your posts :)

Sorry, I was gone to North Carolina for the weekend for a family get together.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure everyone is aware of the US Supreme Court's rulings today. Big cause for celebration. It looks as though Lee and Mike won't be the only honeymooning couple on this cruise. Bob and I will now be getting married this fall also. :D

I'm sure everyone is aware of the US Supreme Court's rulings today. Big cause for celebration. It looks as though Lee and Mike won't be the only honeymooning couple on this cruise. Bob and I will now be getting married this fall also. :D

Congratulations! Let's hope for similar rights nationally.

Congratulations! Let's hope for similar rights nationally.

Thanks! I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. I was reading about a mayor in France who refused to marry a gay couple, even though it's the law. But we will prevail.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks! I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. I was reading about a mayor in France who refused to marry a gay couple, even though it's the law. But we will prevail.

We were in Rehoboth last week when marriage became legal in Maryland. While we didn't see any actual weddings, apparently there were dozens. We did see Walter, and that was pretty fun. (lee waves at walter).

It was great meeting you and Mike as well.

Sent from my Samsung Note II on the T-Mobile 4G LTE network using Tapatalk Beta 4

Hope it was worth your drive to meet us, which was appreciated. You missed all the packing and cleaning of the rental house. That is a part of vacation I do not love.

I have a reminder in my calendar to check rates this week. I noticed today there are a number of special rates currently being offered. They don't help me, and won't help any of you who also booked ages ago at lower rates, but they might help some of you who have booked more recently and qualify. If I haven't mentioned your category, it is either sold out or not currently eligible.

Here they are:

AS: Military rate

S1: Senior and military rate

S2: Senior and military rate

SV: Senior and military rate

1A: Senior Rate

1B: Senior and military rate

1C: Senior and military rate

2C: Military Rate

C1: Military Rate

C2: Military Rate

C3: Military Rate

A1: Military Rate

7: Military Rate

8: Military Rate

9: Senior and military rate

10: Senior and military rate

I have a reminder in my calendar to check rates this week. I noticed today there are a number of special rates currently being offered. They don't help me, and won't help any of you who also booked ages ago at lower rates, but they might help some of you who have booked more recently and qualify. If I haven't mentioned your category, it is either sold out or not currently eligible.

Here they are:

Thanks, Lee. I hope there are people who can take advantage. Even if you booked earlier, if you qualify, you can get the lower rate. Our A1 cabin went originally for $2100, then went up to $2900 PP. I was able to get the military rate of $1629 PP without rebooking. Since X doesn't allow more than one promotion at a time, I had to give up my Captain's Club OBC, though my TA increased their OBC. It was more than worth it for the huge discount on the cruise.

Here they are:

thank you for posting the note above. saved me a sea chest of money. without losing my captain's club obc

Thanks, Lee. I hope there are people who can take advantage. Even if you booked earlier, if you qualify, you can get the lower rate. Our A1 cabin went originally for $2100, then went up to $2900 PP. I was able to get the military rate of $1629 PP without rebooking. Since X doesn't allow more than one promotion at a time, I had to give up my Captain's Club OBC, though my TA increased their OBC. It was more than worth it for the huge discount on the cruise.

sdbart: i don't know what circumstance would cause you to lose your captain's club obc, that has not in my experience ever happened to me or anyone i know. i wonder if maybe your ta made an error and rebooked you rather than just ask celebrity for the new lower rate.

now a decline in prices on the 10/19/13 silhouette would be another welcome present.

john

Edited by jdr93
editing mania

Mike and I as well as Walter (vulcan 1971) and Iain are going on a food tour of Trastevere, the vaguely bohemian/gay area of Rome. If anyone else would like to join in on the tour, you can sign up here for the 5:30 session of the Twilight Trastevere tour on October 31. It's a small-group tour/tasting that lasts for four hours. There is a better description on this web-site than I could give here.

http://www.eatingitalyfoodtours.com/

thank you for posting the note above. saved me a sea chest of money. without losing my captain's club obc

sdbart: i don't know what circumstance would cause you to lose your captain's club obc, that has not in my experience ever happened to me or anyone i know. i wonder if maybe your ta made an error and rebooked you rather than just ask celebrity for the new lower rate.

now a decline in prices on the 10/19/13 silhouette would be another welcome present.

john

John, My TA probably books more X cruises than anyone, and they checked. Mine was a special Captain's Club early booking offer, that specifically said it was not combinable with any other offer. My TA added more of their own. I ended up getting our A1 cabin for about 45% off the going rate.

Hope it was worth your drive to meet us, which was appreciated. You missed all the packing and cleaning of the rental house. That is a part of vacation I do not love.

Lee - I enjoy driving and weekend roadtrips... so yes, I had a great time. I wouldn't mind going back next year to see you all. Maybe I can start planting seeds about going for next year (LOL). I'm going to give that realty website a couple of views over the next month or so. Are you all set on getting the same property again next year? I may not be able to come down for the whole week, but I'd certainly be open to paying for the space even if I cannot use it every day.

We just booked this cruise today. Looks like there's been lots of activity over the past year and a half. We're Bob and Bill from Boynton Beach, Florida.

Bob & Bill - Thanks for joining the thread and welcome aboard. Are you arriving to Rome early? If so, how early and where are you staying? There are a number of us from the GLBT board thare will be in Rome upwards of a week early.

Mike and I as well as Walter (vulcan 1971) and Iain are going on a food tour of Trastevere, the vaguely bohemian/gay area of Rome. If anyone else would like to join in on the tour, you can sign up here for the 5:30 session of the Twilight Trastevere tour on October 31. It's a small-group tour/tasting that lasts for four hours. There is a better description on this web-site than I could give here.

http://www.eatingitalyfoodtours.com/

I am really looking forward to this! :)

Hope everyone is enjoying their summers.

We have a transfer to the port arranged and have room for others. If we have 5 people (including us), the transfer will be 170E; if we have 8 people, it will be 200E. You'd have to get yourselves to our hotel in front of the Pantheon and the transfer leaves at 9 a.m.

Just a bit over 83 days to go till the cruise departs... the time is winding down so quickly! And so is this summer. Hope you all that have checked in so far are having a good year. In fact, I was curious to know how you are all doing and if your plans to cruise in November are still on track. Let us know how you are doing and any plans you have as we coast down to the final days. Final payment date with Celebrity is 9 days away! :eek:

Walter