Nassau in June - Questions

kellyccz

I am coming to Nassau and Freeport in June with my 18 year old twin boys for a Mother/Sons Cruise. I am trying to plan out our port days.

In Nassau, we plan on just finding a beach to relax on for a few hours where we can enjoy the sun, sand and the ocean. Snorkeling is a possibility (would bring our own snorkel gear most likely), but not mandatory.

When I came to Nassau back in 2001, my girlfriends and I went to a beach right next to Atlantis – we did not have to pay anything and we were practically on their property. I can’t remember much more than that. It was not overcrowded and all and it was a nice beach.

I just want a nice beach that is clean with soft sand and not tons of people. If there are lots of people, then I would prefer a bigger beach area where the people aren’t all on top of each other. We plan on taking a trip to Goldie’s Conch House for lunch and I also plan on taking the boys on a cab ride/tour of Nassau. My girlfriends and I did this spontaneously on our trip there in 2001. We paid $5 or $10/person and he gave us a tour around – we saw all the nice areas and government areas and such, as well as seeing where some of the poorer sections were. I want my kids to see this too. They have never been outside the U.S. and I think it’s important that they see things like that to realize how lucky they are. Anyway, because of these other things I want to do with them, Blue Lagoon is off our list, just for the time involved.

So, I am trying to figure out a kind of comparative list for the pros/cons of Cabbage Beach, Cable Beach, Junkanoo Beach, as well as getting a daypass at one of the various facilities, particularly the Sheraton Cable Beach and the British Colonial Hilton. I definitely want a place where there are restrooms and where I can get some adult drinks.

Any suggestions and/or information anyone has on pros/cons of these places would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone has any of their own pictures they could share, that would be great. I tend to be distrustful of professional photos of places, as they’re usually done for marketing purposes, and the real thing rarely measures up.

Thank you in advance for any help!

You can still go back to that same beach. Last time we went it was $6 a person each way to the beach. The beach is public so depending how many ships are in port it may be crowded. You can also walk over to the beach that is behind Senor frogs. Just head towards senor frogs then follow the sidewalk around. You will pass the Hilton on your right and a McDonalds on the left. You will see the beach straight ahead. The beach is small but there are bathrooms there. If you want to snorkel the best company is Stuart Coves. You can google them. The beach next to Atlantis is the better of the two for snorkeling but I would still say that doing a snorkeling tour is MUCH better.

Archived