Whew! Dodged a bullett!

WayTooCool

The Little Woman and I cruised out of Jax on Oct 22nd, bound for Key West and Nassau. Had a wonderful, perfect day in Key West, and about the time we were pulling out the Captain made a general announcement stating they were "considering options" whether or not to go on to Nassau. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. About an hour later the Captain announced we were NOT going to Nassau, but heading for above Freeport to re-fuel. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, again. Disappointing but what can ya do? So we had a FunDayAtSea Thursday as well as Friday -- started to get a bit rocky Thursday and they brought in balcony furniture and closed access to outside decks. We headed north up the coast of Florida, dodged squalls, and never did experience "horrible seas" . .. we docked about midnight Friday and were on the road headed home by 8:30 AM Saturday; never did rain on us! After seeing posts on YouTube of the Disney ship that did NOT turn around and was overtaken by HurrSandy, I can only thank our Captain and anyone else involved in the decision to keep us out of the teeth of the storm. I bet Disney is getting some MAJOR complaints about now!! We really enjoyed our time together, it was like being in a full-service resort -- didn't miss a meal or a drink!!

The Little Woman and I cruised out of Jax on Oct 22nd, bound for Key West and Nassau. Had a wonderful, perfect day in Key West, and about the time we were pulling out the Captain made a general announcement stating they were "considering options" whether or not to go on to Nassau. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. About an hour later the Captain announced we were NOT going to Nassau, but heading for above Freeport to re-fuel. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, again. Disappointing but what can ya do? So we had a FunDayAtSea Thursday as well as Friday -- started to get a bit rocky Thursday and they brought in balcony furniture and closed access to outside decks. We headed north up the coast of Florida, dodged squalls, and never did experience "horrible seas" . .. we docked about midnight Friday and were on the road headed home by 8:30 AM Saturday; never did rain on us! After seeing posts on YouTube of the Disney ship that did NOT turn around and was overtaken by HurrSandy, I can only thank our Captain and anyone else involved in the decision to keep us out of the teeth of the storm. I bet Disney is getting some MAJOR complaints about now!! We really enjoyed our time together, it was like being in a full-service resort -- didn't miss a meal or a drink!!

Sensible post.

Archived