Harwich to Heathrow

ALSEAU

Is London traffic that bad? I always think that the gold standard for miserable traffic is Chicago or Los Angeles, because too many people in Chicago won't take mass transit, and there is no mass transit in Los Angeles.

That siad, the RC website claims that the after-tour excursion to Windsor includes a tour of the Castle. I would assume that people on the tour would be among the first off the ship.

What time do they start putting people off the ship? RC is showing an arrival time in Harwich of 4am. For ships arriving in U.S. ports, the standard arrival time seems to be 7am, and the early disembarkation starts at 8am.

We rented a car at Harwich and did some sightseeing in East Anglia before moving on to our hotel at Heathrow. We made a huge mistake, since it was Friday afternoon by that time and the M25 was a parking lot. It took us several hours to make it to our hotel.

• 5 weeks later...

For anyone taking the train .. you need to change at Manningtree. First, the stop was not announced. I looked out the window and saw the sign. We rushed to the door after getting our luggage... wait.. no door handle and no signage. time is running out so I run back into the car and ask how we get out . Well just slide the window down and you will find the handle on the outside.. seriously.. we nearly missed getting out. Other than this panic situation the train trip was good