Car rental at Fort Lauderdale pier?

PSCruiser

Are there any car rental agencies that will pick you up directly at the Fort Lauderdale pier? I need to do a one-way rental from the pier to West Palm Beach airport (unless there is a good shuttle service available). Thanks!

I rented from National Car Rental following my cruise on the Caribbean Princess this past October. National's bus picked us up at the Pier - no hassle at all. All of the major rental car companies had buses picking up people.

Mary B

Sun Princess - Alaska - June 2005

Caribbean Princess - Eastern Caribbean - October 2004

Hi Gang,

In FLL most of the car rentals are done out of the Int'l airport. This is quite good actually as you have a choice of which to use.

Shuttles run all the time to and from the pier, and the Int'l airport is only about a 10 min drive away.

Mill 231,

Yes on the shuttle buses.

PS Cruiser,

You'll find most of the rental agents don't charge drop off fees between MIA, FLL and WPB.

Hope this helps, and...

Ciao for now!!!

We rented through Thrifty car rental. After getting our luggage, we called their office. Their shuttle was driving around and was there within 5 minutes. They took us to their lot and we were in the rental car in no time. I arranged all this before our trip. When we returned the car, they drove us over to the airport. It was so easy.

Archived