MSC Introduces Flexible Buffet Service

Norwegian Cruiser 73

I think this is a positive step, and a needed or expected offering, to have food more readily available at different times...with that said, I doubt it will do little to drive back past passengers who rated food as being poor, or not to their liking.

Not sure what the current food rating is as of late

We had no issue, yes, it is a more simpler menu, those who have tried a more upscale line may find choices limited, not bad, just different.

I think this is a positive step, and a needed or expected offering, to have food more readily available at different times...with that said, I doubt it will do little to drive back past passengers who rated food as being poor, or not to their liking.

We had no issue, yes, it is a more simpler menu, those who have tried a more upscale line may find choices limited, not bad, just different.

We have just returned from the Divina and found the food good. Only one evening in the dining room I wasn't too keen on my main dish but every other evening it was really good. I had beef, duck, lamb and pork and all was very nice, especially the duck. The buffet was good as well after you managed to find a seat haha.

You are on a celebrity roll I see, 2 in a row, your new favorite or just the best option for your situation at time of booking?

You are on a celebrity roll I see, 2 in a row, your new favorite or just the best option for your situation at time of booking?

A little of both,

I have wanted to do Hawaii and some California coast (we will combine the two in this trip)

Celebrity impressed us, the food was excellent, selection great.

Ships are equally elegant, and offered enough to keep us entertained (MSC a little more)

We certainly enjoyed having food available all day at Celebrity, not that we spent our day there, but with 2 teens it does come in handy.

Also 6 pm sushi was appreciated and held us over to our late dinner (8:30 p.m)

Our kids want to do Royal Caribbean (big ships)....Divina is interesting for spring 2014, unless I get that big bonus and finally do a Med Family cruise:D

A little of both,

I have wanted to do Hawaii and some California coast (we will combine the two in this trip)

Celebrity impressed us, the food was excellent, selection great.

Ships are equally elegant, and offered enough to keep us entertained (MSC a little more)

We certainly enjoyed having food available all day at Celebrity, not that we spent our day there, but with 2 teens it does come in handy.

Also 6 pm sushi was appreciated and held us over to our late dinner (8:30 p.m)

Our kids want to do Royal Caribbean (big ships)....Divina is interesting for spring 2014, unless I get that big bonus and finally do a Med Family cruise:D

We've never done the mega ships, I hope to try one someday.

Good luck on the bonus and the med, airfare is a trip killer right now:(

I don't know other people perhaps food & water are not important to them but my two teenagers, they really appreciated the 20/7 buffet. No need to dress up, eat & go as they please if you know what I mean.

I don't know other people perhaps food & water are not important to them but my two teenagers, they really appreciated the 20/7 buffet. No need to dress up, eat & go as they please if you know what I mean.

I agree. My boys do love the buffet. And they do love to eat--ALL THE TIME. :)

Good afternoon PC168 and Cruise Critic friends!

The new buffet hours are available on all of our ships now.

HAPPY SAILINGS ALL!

Very nice......we don't do the dining rooms any longer as we prefer to serve ourselves and only do the buffet..........we certainly did not go hungry when we were last on but is also nice to be able to choose our times a little more........cruising on the Poesia in 8 weeks....thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Another great improvement :)

I did find I prefered the dining room on Poesia, and tried to eat there for most meals....they actually were very good about letting us sit at "our" table all the time, and we loved it

Still nice to have some eats available when you come back from a Port

on my first MSC cruise I was actually "hungry" one day as I didn't eat lunch on shore, and there was "nothing" open when I got back to the ship

Room service was ...NOT...good LOL>> buffet will be nice. Pasta and pizza are good on the buffet.

Archived